SAN JOSE, Calif.--(SoundHound, the revolutionary sound search company, today announced free unlimited music recognition of its widely acclaimed, blazing fast music search and discovery application. Until now, users of the free version of SoundHound have been limited to five music IDs per month. Effective immediately across both the Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch) and Android platforms, every user can now ID as much music as they wish for free, in addition to seeing lyrics, browsing artists and previewing top songs to their heart’s content. To enjoy an ad-free experience and premium features users can upgrade to SoundHound Infinity, the paid version of the application.)--
“We’re firing on all cylinders and have built strong momentum across various planes in 2010. In particular, the dramatic 500 percent increase in new SoundHound users and the increased usage of the app—1,000 percent—emphatically demonstrates user engagement and puts us at the tipping point of mobile music search.”
The announcement caps a momentous 2010 in which SoundHound saw massive adoption of its music application and rapid growth in usage, achieved top rankings among music applications on a variety of platforms, and received prestigious awards and rave reviews in the press. The following are some of SoundHound’s achievements in the past year:
SoundHound has been a No. 1-ranked music application with global reach
spanning 200 countries.
- No. 1-ranked music application on Apple’s iPhone App Store in more than 25 geographies
- Best seller on Nokia’s Ovi mobile store
- Top-ranked music application on Android Market
- SoundHound’s mobile user base has increased by 500 percent.
- SoundHound’s usage has increased by 1000 percent with millions of hits per day.
- In a world first on mobile: Premiered a new music single by Secondhand Serenade.
Already a regular in lists of must-have mobile applications before the year started, SoundHound continued its reputation as an award-winning media darling in 2010:
- In April, SoundHound made Gizmodo’s short list of essential iPad apps.
- In October, SoundHound was voted “Best Music Engagement Application” in Billboard’s inaugural music application awards (having already earned an “Editor’s Choice” award on CNET in December, 2009).
- In November, it made The New York Times’ Top-10 list of iPhone and Android applications.
- The SoundHound music application has been described as “seriously fast,” “wizardly,” “genius” and "a music app that could change mobile search... Impressive," by media outlets on both sides of the Atlantic.
“Fans of SoundHound drive the direction of the product and their enthusiasm has catapulted us into a leadership position. In recognition of this, we are delighted to announce today that SoundHound is now unlimited and free to use for everyone,” said Keyvan Mohajer, CEO of SoundHound Inc. “We’re firing on all cylinders and have built strong momentum across various planes in 2010. In particular, the dramatic 500 percent increase in new SoundHound users and the increased usage of the app—1,000 percent—emphatically demonstrates user engagement and puts us at the tipping point of mobile music search.”
The SoundHound application’s features include the world’s fastest music recognition, sing and hum recognition, lyric search and voice-directed music search, as well as share features, ‘underplayed’ charts and seamless links to iTunes, Pandora, YouTube,Twitter, Facebook and more. SoundHound is available at www.soundhound.com.
SoundHound delivers innovative technologies and compelling user experiences in sound recognition, revolutionizing the way people interact with connected devices.
SoundHound’s breakthrough Sound2Sound technology searches sound against sound, bypassing traditional sound to text conversion techniques even when searching text databases. Sound2Sound has resulted in numerous breakthroughs including the world's fastest music recognition, the world's only viable singing and humming search, and instant-response large scale speech recognition systems.
SoundHound has produced multiple award-winning applications in music and voice search on platforms including iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Mobile and Symbian devices. SoundHound also has numerous partnerships with global companies, including leading device manufacturers and operators.
Headquartered in San Jose, California, SoundHound is backed by leading Silicon Valley investors, including Global Catalyst Partners, TransLink Capital and Walden Venture Capital. For more information, visit www.soundhound.com.