SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) today introduced Adobe® Search&Promote, powered by Omniture®, a new site search and merchandising application that helps marketers anticipate visitor search intent and promote the most relevant products and content across desktop and mobile website searches.
Online marketers face a common, industry-wide challenge – website abandonment. Since search is the primary form of navigation on many websites, it is often the first step a potential customer takes toward meeting his or her online goals – especially on mobile-optimized websites. When visitors cannot easily find what they are looking for early into their website visit, they may leave to search elsewhere for what they need. As a result, key metrics such as online engagement, conversion, average order value (AOV) and visitor retention can be negatively impacted.
“Every onsite search query is an opportunity. Each search is a customer telling you what they want, what they are interested in, or what they want to purchase or download,” said Brad Rencher, vice president and general manager, Omniture Business Unit, Adobe. “With Adobe Search&Promote, our customers can use search and navigation as a way to dynamically deliver the right content, products and offers to the right visitors. Each search becomes an opportunity to optimize how visitors browse, find, compare and select relevant products and content across screens and devices – driving visitors to convert at a higher rate and leave much more satisfied.”
Adobe Search&Promote is a highly scalable site search and merchandising application for businesses that require a high level of marketer control, metrics-based relevance and personalization. It is ideal for media and entertainment, retail, travel and hospitality and financial services websites that offer a large amount of content and products online. The solution can handle millions of pages, products and high search traffic volume, removing concerns of hardware procurement and provisioning, and offers real-time indexing to ensure visitors have access to the most up-to-date content. Built-in analytics provided by Adobe SiteCatalyst®, powered by Omniture, enables marketers to automate and fine-tune search and ranking results based on key metrics such as conversion rate, page views and customer ratings. This also enables businesses to monitor conversion rates from search terms and the paths visitors take to understand what visitors are finding and not finding in order to improve their site experience.
“The next-generation of site search technology will need to step into the role of helping businesses redefine what the experience of relevance is for their visitors,” said Hadley Reynolds, director, Search and Digital Marketplace Technologies, IDC. “Managers measure the health of their online businesses through specific KPIs. They need the emerging capabilities of data-driven search to refine and automate users' search results and present content and suggestions that meet visitors’ demands and can process at scale the increasing volumes of website traffic. Driving advanced relevance through a combination of analytics, merchandising rules and visitor intent will differentiate a business' Web presence from the competition and lead to improved results. The savviest marketers are moving fast to capture this advantage.”
Adobe Search&Promote also integrates with other applications within the Adobe® Online Marketing Suite, powered by Omniture:
- Adobe® Test&Target™, powered by Omniture, allows Search&Promote users to test various search experiences or marketing or results pages against one another to determine the highest performers. The application also facilitates the targeting of search results or pages to visitors based on past purchase data or prior category affinity
- Adobe® Recommendations, powered by Omniture, can be easily incorporated into search results to provide product or content recommendations related to visitors’ searches based on a “people who searched for this, bought that” algorithm
- The Adobe® Scene7® cross media platform automates the delivery of richer product search results, offering shoppers the ability to closely examine products in more detail through interactive zoom, 360-degree spin, alternative image sizes from thumbnail to full-screen and multiple views. Enhancing visual search provides shoppers with more detailed product images and the confidence to help make purchase decisions faster
Eric Myers, director, interactive media & marketing, Highlights for Children
- “We need to be able to respond to changing visitor interests, activity and seasonal buying patterns on a whim. Search&Promote provides our team with an intuitive Web-based marketing console that offers many different levers for us to easily merchandise and refine our prime content, promotions and products.”
Michael McCamish, director of websites, Gaylord Hotels
- “We are always measuring everything that happens on our website in order to continuously make it as relevant as possible for our visitors. Search&Promote will give us easy access to our SiteCatalyst metrics. It is important for us to take into account KPIs such as conversion and make use of the search application’s visual relevance tuner to influence search results based on a perfect combination of KPIs and natural relevance. This will ultimately help us deliver a better user experience by enabling our visitors to find what they are seeking, much quicker.”
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Search&Promote is generally available. For more information, please visit www.omniture.com or call 877-722-7088.
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences. For more information, visit www.adobe.com.
© 2010 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, Omniture, Search&Promote, SiteCatalyst, Test&Target and Scene7 are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6544337&lang=en