BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Myspace announced a new mobile website and iPhone application to further extend the site’s social entertainment experience to mobile devices. With more than a third of Myspace’s Gen Y users interacting with the site on mobile devices every day, these new offerings meet their desire to consume entertainment news and content anytime, anywhere and from any device.
“We have a two-pronged approach to our mobile strategy,” said Michael Jones, chief executive officer for Myspace. “We are creating the best experience for Myspace mobile web users by taking the most compelling entertainment elements of Myspace.com and making them portable, while simultaneously building a portfolio of independent mobile applications tailored specifically to entertainment categories. This approach allows us to offer a meaningful social entertainment experience on mobile that is both fast and engaging.”
The new Myspace mobile website is accessible today on all iPhone, iPod Touch, Android, Palm and select Nokia and BlackBerry devices and provides users with:
A rich discovery experience around entertainment;
- Music: Breaking news and status updates from top artists
- Video: TMZ, Fuel TV, FOX, National Geographic, Movie Trailers and more
- Celebrity: Status updates, photos and blogs
- The ability to easily share photos, videos, links, status updates and more across multiple networks
- The option to enjoy without logging in
The Myspace iPhone app, which will be available in the coming weeks, will provide an experience that is centered on the activity stream. In addition to providing updates from the top celebrities and artists on Myspace, the application will automatically populate a user’s stream with the trending activities of his or her favorite musicians based on the titles in the user’s iTunes library. For example, if a user has music from specific bands on his or her phone, the Myspace iPhone app will automatically populate the user’s stream with updates from those bands.
Much like the new mobile website, the iPhone app will provide tools for easy sharing across networks and will not require users to be logged in. As part of Myspace’s mobile application portfolio, the new iPhone app will be a complement to the many other mobile applications currently available including:
- Myspace Music Videos: Myspace Music Videos offers music fans a new expression of randomized video discovery based on their mood via our MySpace Music Romeo application on the web or iPad.
- Drawler for iPhone: Drawler is a fun, photo styling app that lets you draw, color or add stickers, art, words and more to your mobile photos.
- Logo a Gogo: a fun new project providing users with artistic tools to create, personalize and share their own Myspace logos.
To access the new Myspace mobile site visit http://m.myspace.com. The Myspace iPhone app will be available for download in the iTunes store in the coming weeks.
Myspace Inc. is a leading social entertainment destination powered by the passions of fans. Aimed at a Gen Y audience, Myspace drives social interaction by providing a highly personalized experience around entertainment and connecting people to the music, celebrities, TV, movies and games that they love. These entertainment experiences are available through multiple platforms, including online, mobile devices and offline events. Myspace is also the home of Myspace Music, which offers an ever-growing catalog of freely streamable audio and video content to users and provides major, independent and unsigned artists alike with the tools to reach new audiences. The company is headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA and is a division of News Corporation. (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV)
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6527644&lang=en