LANHAM, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Safeway Food & Drug, located at 10541 Connecticut Avenue in Kensington, MD, announced today that it is recalling 220 pounds of ground beef sold on Sunday, Nov. 28, 2010. These products may contain pieces of plastic and/ or ink from a pen.
All of the recalled ground beef has a “Sell By” date of November 30, 2010. The Sell By date can be found on the white scale label affixed to the package. The ground beef is packaged in black Styrofoam trays and sold from the self-service meat cooler.
The recall includes the following ground beef products:
- 93% Lean Ground Beef 7% Fat Extreme Value Pack – UPC Code 201672004352
- 93% Lean Ground Beef 7% Fat – UPC Code 201700304546
- 90% Lean Ground Beef Not More Than 10% Fat Extreme Value Pack – UPC Code 201730203606
- 90% Lean Ground Beef 10% Fat – UPC Code 201698103701
- 80% Lean Ground Beef 20% Fat Extreme Value Pack – UPC Code 201693002870
- 80% Lean Ground Beef 20% Fat – UPC Code 201692803003
- 80% Lean Ground Beef Market 20% Fat Extreme Value Pack – UPC Code 201703002920
- 80% Lean Ground Beef Market 20% Fat – UPC Code 201702703057
Anyone who purchased the above-listed ground beef product should discard or return them to the store for a full refund. No other products are subject to the recall. No injuries or illnesses have been reported. Safeway Store 2753 is issuing this recall out of an abundance of caution. Customers can also contact the store at 301-945-4273.