NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With just one week to go until Thanksgiving and the official start of the holiday season, dealnews is making shopping a cinch with the updated version of its Black Friday App, available now for the Apple iPhone and Android devices. With the app, shoppers can not only browse leaked and verified Black Friday ads, but can also create shopping lists, custom product searches, and utilize other features to help minimize the time and frustrations associated with holiday shopping.
“Savvy shoppers understand that in-store shopping is no longer the best strategy, and as a result, they're looking for tools that help them save time, money and unwanted trips to the mall. For many, that convenience is via mobile phones,” said Dan de Grandpre, Editor-in-Chief of dealnews.com, Inc. “With the dealnews Black Friday App, consumers are given all of the insight needed to make smart shopping decisions this holiday season with the touch of a screen.”
The dealnews Black Friday App v3.1 comes complete with several advanced features that help shoppers identify and take advantage of deals for every item on their wish list, directly from their iPhone and Android phones. The features include the following:
- Leaked and verified deals – Shoppers can browse "leaked" and confirmed Black Friday ads from more than 60 major retailers.
- Shopping list creation – When shoppers click a featured deal, they are given the opportunity to “buy now” (if applicable) or “save” to a shopping list for future use.
- Deal sharing – Each featured deal or discount can be shared with other savvy shoppers via Facebook, Twitter or email, allowing consumers to quickly pass the savings on to friends and family.
- Direct link to retailer sites – Consumers can go directly to the retailer websites to buy products online (when available), or to find the nearest store.
- Custom product searches and alerts – Shoppers can quickly and easily find deals for the products they want through individual or combination keyword, category or retail store searches. The app will find all matching deals, or will allow shoppers to set up deal alerts for a particular product.
- mydealnews integration – Users can sync their mobile phones with previously created alerts on dealnews.com, allowing all deal alerts to be stored and searchable in one location.
Eager shoppers can download the dealnews Black Friday App by visiting http://dealnews.com/black-friday-iphone-app.html, going to the Apple iTunes Store (http://dn.ws/U2R4V) or by searching for “dealnews Black Friday” in the Android Market on their mobile phone. In addition, the company’s soon-to-be-released dealnews App will also be available on the company’s site and on iTunes in December, helping shoppers save money well beyond the holiday season.
dealnews is the web’s leading guide to the best deals on laptops, computers, consumer electronics, gadgets, housewares and apparel. Its mission is to save consumers money by directing them to the best bargains online offered by reputable stores.
Named one of the best services by PC World and best shopping site by MSN Money, dealnews relies on a team of expert editors, the collective intelligence of its readers, and proprietary research tools to uncover more than 100 of the web’s hottest deals, coupons and sales everyday at the guaranteed lowest prices. In 2010, dealnews readers will have purchased an estimated $400M in merchandise from vendors listed on the site.
Founded in 1997, dealnews is headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama with an office in New York City. For more information on dealnews, please visit www.dealnews.com.