SANTA ANA, Calif.--(mophie™ today announced that it has been named an International CES Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering Award winner for the juice pack air for iPhone 4. Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products across 35 different product categories.)--
“This industry recognition reflects our dedication to providing Apple fans with the protection, intelligent features, intuitive functionality and sleek and stylish design they have come to expect from mophie.”
The juice pack air for iPhone 4—the seventh generation of the company’s juice pack line—delivers on-the-go power to iPhone 4 users via a light-weight and ultra-thin external rechargeable battery case. The protective form-fitting juice pack air essentially doubles the power available to its users to rock, talk, surf, and send. Additional key features include:
- Advanced Battery Technology – Highly condensed lithium polymer battery delivers an incredible amount of juice in a small form factor and features built in overcharge, short circuit and temperature protection.
- Efficient Electronics – Embedded electronics results in no signal interference with the iPhone 4.
- Acoustic Sound Enhancement – The juice pack air design acts as a virtual speaker box, redirecting sound from the bottom of the iPhone 4 to the front, resulting in a richer, fuller sound quality.
- 4 Light LED Battery Status Indicator – An integrated LED status indicator tells you exactly how much “juice” is left and also displays how much time remains during the charging process.
- Quick Speed – 500 milliamps fast charge technology, with an advanced battery for added safety, as well as 1500 mAh capacity.
- Pass-through USB – Included USB cable enables you to simultaneously charge and sync your iPhone 4 to iTunes without having to remove it from the juice pack air.
“We are honored to be recognized with such high accolades by the Consumer Electronics Association and the panel of well-respected judges,” said Ross Howe, Vice President of Business Development at mophie. “This industry recognition reflects our dedication to providing Apple fans with the protection, intelligent features, intuitive functionality and sleek and stylish design they have come to expect from mophie."
The prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976. It is sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the producer of the International CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow.
The juice pack air for iPhone 4 will be displayed at the 2011 International CES, which runs from Jan. 6-9, 2011 in Las Vegas. The Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase will feature honorees by product category in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center and will also be featured at CES Unveiled: The Official Press Event of the International CES on Tuesday, January 4.
The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
Products chosen as Innovations honorees reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs.
Innovations 2011 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on www.CESweb.org/Innovations, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
mophie is a California-based, award-winning designer and manufacturer of mobile intelligent devices and accessories. It is widely recognized and highly acclaimed for its creative designs and innovative solutions. mophie is the proud developer of the juice pack, the first “Works With iPhone” portable battery solution certified by Apple Inc. All of mophie’s products are developed to address real consumer and business needs and are seamless integrations of industrial, electronic, software and artistic designs. Its products are available in Apple stores, Best Buy, AT&T stores and on www.mophie.com and www.amazon.com. Follow mophie on Twitter at twitter.com/mophielovesyou or on Facebook at facebook.com/mophielovesyou