WAUWATOSA, Wis.--()--GE Healthcare, a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), has received FDA 510(k) clearance for the latest version of its built-for-4D Vivid™ E9 cardiovascular ultrasound system. Vivid E9 Breakthrough 2011 (BT11) provides innovative features designed to help improve image quality, quantification and workflow.
“The enhancements to Vivid E9 are a direct result of customer feedback, and are designed to simplify the use of 4D ultrasound and encourage its use in day-to-day cardiology practice”
Specifically, BT 11 introduces - for the first time in cardiovascular ultrasound - dynamic multi-slice acquisition technology with the ability to simultaneously acquire images of up to 12 slices of the heart, and Automated Function Imaging (AFI) for Tri-plane measurements. BT11 also includes new quantification tools including 4D strain, 2D auto EF and AFI for TEE, for left ventricular, global and regional function.
“The enhancements to Vivid E9 are a direct result of customer feedback, and are designed to simplify the use of 4D ultrasound and encourage its use in day-to-day cardiology practice,” said Al Lojewski, General Manager of Cardiovascular Ultrasound, GE Healthcare. “With its unique features and high level of quality and functionality, the latest version of the Vivid E9 is an example of how we can help cardiovascular physicians provide excellent care to their patients.”
Vivid E9 BT11 is now FDA cleared, CE Marked and is also available for sale in many Asian and South American countries. The technology is available in 2D or 4D configuration with support for a comprehensive range of adult and pediatric probes. New features improve image quality, quantification and workflow when compared to the previous generation of Vivid E9 and include:
Better Image Quality
- A new high bandwidth 4V-D transducer, significantly smaller than its 3V-D predecessor, yet more powerful, with improved 2D and 4D image quality and the ability to scan in all modes, including CW Doppler
- A new 12S-D transducer for the smallest of neonatal patients, helping enhance a portfolio of pediatric echo transducers available for Vivid E9
- Improved performance and expanded application coverage for shared services with the addition of a ML6-15-D probe, and in the operating room with the intra operative i13L probe
- New quantification tools, including AFI for Tri-plane, AFI for TEE and 2D Auto EF for left ventricular, global and regional function
- A new and improved 4D Auto LVQ, an integrated and automated 4D volume and EF tool, and, an extension to this tool, 4D LV Mass, which provides a left ventricular mass, as well as a mass index
- 4D Strain, an easy-to-interpret 4D tracking tool that allows for quantification of left ventricular function, providing global and regional longitudinal, circumferential, radial and area strain curves as well as bulls-eyes to possibly identify wall motion abnormalities
Enhanced Productivity and Workflow
- Scan Assist and Scan Assist Pro, with its customizable protocol driven exam, aids users in acquiring the required images in a pre-defined sequence and can significantly reduce keystrokes and exam time, offering opportunities for improved workflow and potential productivity gains
- Multidimensional imaging allows users to acquire bi- or tri-plane images in a single beat, which helps reduce acquisition time and storage space
- Auto-Align for 4D views features fully automatic positioning and orientation of the left ventricle, helping to improve efficiency and consistency of image analysis
- Multi-Slice Imaging provides a live imaging mode with choices of viewing 5, 7, 9 or 12 slices for simultaneous acquisition and assessment
- Dynamic Multi-Slice provides for continuous visualization of the same cardiac structures throughout the heart cycle, potentially improving the accuracy of wall motion assessment of Multi-Slice images
About GE Healthcare
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.
Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a $16 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employs more than 46,000 people committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries.
For our latest news, please visit http://newsroom.gehealthcare.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6490191&lang=en