DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ae6d8e/asia_pacific_marke) has announced the addition of the "Asia Pacific Markets for Orthopedic Biomaterials 2009-2013" report to their offering.
The Asia Pacific market for orthopedic biomaterials will be driven primarily by the region's aging population, requiring greater care and maintenance of their bones and joints. The hyaluronic acid (HA) viscosupplementation segment will be favorably affected by both the aging and physically active demographics, as well as by rising awareness among physicians and patients of the treatment's benefits. The market will, however, be limited by price competition and reimbursement challenges. Some of the countries in this market will experience reimbursement cuts for HA viscosupplementation treatments, while these treatments are not covered at all in other countries.
The bone graft substitute (BGS) market will be fueled by increasing surgeon and patient awareness of the advantages of these materials over autograft. In addition, the introduction of bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs) into the South Korean market will cause a surge in revenues; however, strong cost consciousness among Asia Pacific hospitals will continue to hinder the growth of this market.
Questions answered in this report:
- The HA viscosupplementation markets in Japan and Taiwan will suffer from biennial reimbursement cuts, mainland China only reimburses HA viscosupplementation on a case-by-case basis, and neither Australia nor South Korea reimburse the treatment at all. How will the cuts to reimbursement affect the growth of the HA viscosupplementation markets in Japan and Taiwan? What effect will these reimbursement issues have in conjunction with the impact of the global economic crisis?
- Korea Bone Bank will enter the South Korean BGS market with a BMP in 2010. How will the entrance of BMPs affect sales of other BGS materials? How quickly will a locally made and distributed BMP be adopted in the country? How will overall market prices be affected by the release of a premium-priced material?
- The average number of injections per HA viscosupplementation treatment will fall over the forecast period. Which companies offer 1- or 3-injection products in the Asia Pacific markets? How will each segment be impacted by the rising adoption of HA viscosupplementation products that require fewer injections?
- HA viscosupplementation treatments are being used in an increasingly wider variety of applications. Which companies are expected to expand indications of their products? How will this shift impact the adoption of HA viscosupplementation for use in the knee?
Regions covered: Australia, China (Mainland China and Hong Kong), Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan
Segmentation: Our analysis uses the following segmentation of the market for each country except mainland China and Taiwan, where only the HA viscosupplementation market is treated, and Hong Kong, where only overall HA viscosupplementation treatment and revenue totals are considered:
- By segment (1-, 3-, and 5-injection)
- By application (knee, hip, shoulder, and other)
- By material (autograft-only, nonproprietary allograft, synthetic, demineralized bone matrix, and growth factor)
- By application (spinal fusion, trauma surgery, joint revision and reconstruction, and craniomaxillofacial surgery)
Market forecast features: Based on primary research with industry professionals, we use our proprietary forecasting model to provide an in-depth examination of current and future trends in procedure volumes, average selling prices, and market values over a 7-year period (20072013).
Competitive analysis: We provide a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape in the market, as well as market shares and qualitative discussions of the leading competitors in each market segment.
56 Companies Mentioned in this Report, Some Include:
- ACE Surgical Supply
- Anika Therapeutics
- B. Braun Aesculap
- GS Medical
- Hans Biomed
- Inion Oy
- Integra LifeSciences
- Japan Medical Dynamic Marketing
- Japan Medical Materials
- Kobayashi Pharmaceutical
- Korea Bone Bank
- Kyungwon Medical
- LG Life Sciences
- National Surgical
- NGK Spark Plug
- Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical
- Nippon Zoki Pharmaceutical
- Nipro Pharma
- Nissin Pharmaceutical
- Olympus Terumo Biomaterials
- Orthotech Orthopaedic Group
- Sawai Seiyaku
- SciVision Biotech
- Shandong Bausch Lomb Freda Pharmaceutical
- Taiyo Pharmaceutical Industry
- Takata Seiyaku
- Towa Pharmaceutical
- YooYoung Pharmaceutical
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ae6d8e/asia_pacific_marke
Source: Millennium Research Group