SALT LAKE CITY & PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With the national unemployment rate in double digits and talk about layoffs and the economic crisis dominating newscasts and dinner tables everywhere, it's no secret that today's employees and job-seekers are more stressed, discouraged, and drained than ever.
To help people find work and career fulfillment in these tough economic times, Stephen Covey, author of the best-seller, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and Jennifer Colosimo, chief learning officer at Franklin Covey Co. (NYSE:FC), have launched the Great Career iPhone application, which was developed in partnership by FranklinCovey and Signal Patterns.
Buy the Great Career iPhone application at iTunes for $9.99: http://bit.ly/GreatCareer
The Great Career iPhone app marks the first time FranklinCovey has brought its career building ideas to the mobile platform. The iPhone application is a companion to Stephen Covey and Jennifer Colosimo's newly released book, Great Work, Great Career: How to Create Your Ultimate Job and Make an Extraordinary Contribution.
Users of the Great Career iPhone app can benefit from a wealth of in-depth, rich media content, combined with specific career-building exercises and other resources — all accessible and easy-to-follow right on the iPhone from anywhere.
Stephen Covey, co-founder of FranklinCovey, said, “Now more than ever, it's critical for people to believe that a great and fulfilling career is within their reach. This iPhone application is designed to help people discover their unique strengths, talents, and experiences—and then understand how to put those qualities to work to find opportunities, solve problems and make a difference in the workplace—thereby becoming indispensable.”
Jennifer Colosimo, co-author with Stephen Covey of Great Work, Great Career and chief learning officer, FranklinCovey, said, “The candidates who get the jobs and then keep them are those who continue to grow and develop. This includes using the latest technology tools and applications that allow them access to career-building information and resources. And this iPhone app does just that.”
The Great Career iPhone app can be used in conjunction with the content in Stephen Covey and Jennifer Colosimo’s book or independently. Its specific activities and functionality include:
- Know Your Strengths – Research-based assessments help users to discover personality, strengths and career interests
- Define Your Contribution – A contribution statement builder helps users specifically define how they can match their strengths, talents and passions to an opportunity that matters to an employer.
- Build Your Village – A unique network-building and -nurturing tool; enables users to take specific actions and track them to build and maintain their most important career relationships
- Find Resources – Helps users identify “hidden resources” that can assist them to overcome specific challenges, or take advantage of promising opportunities, in building their career
- Action Center – Tracks, prioritizes and accomplishes all the necessary tasks to build and maintain a great career
- Ask an Expert – Allows users to submit questions to Stephen Covey and Jennifer Colosimo as well as get answers to frequently asked career questions.
In addition, Great Career iPhone app users can watch a range of FranklinCovey videos to support their career growth, as well as learn about and get discounts to FranklinCovey events. And iPhone users can receive much-needed support and advice from the Great Work, Great Career community on FranklinCovey.com.
“We're a mobile generation and we need tools that reflect this lifestyle,” said Ran Zilca, CEO of Signal Patterns. “By bringing Stephen Covey and Jennifer Colosimo’s highly-regarded career-building advice to the iPhone, we can give people a personal program that goes wherever they go. As a result, job-seekers and others can tap into the valuable resources and support anytime—on the job or right before an interview.”
- Great Work, Great Career Blog: www.franklincovey.com/blog/category/great-work-great-career
- Buy the new book: http://bit.ly/GreatWorkGreatCareerBook
About Franklin Covey Co.
Franklin Covey Co. (NYSE: FC) (www.franklincovey.com), is a global provider of training and consulting services in the areas of leadership, productivity, strategy execution, customer loyalty, trust, sales performance, government, education and individual effectiveness. Clients include 90 percent of the Fortune 100, more than 75 percent of the Fortune 500, thousands of small- and mid-sized businesses, as well as numerous government entities and educational institutions. Franklin Covey Co. has 40 direct and licensee offices providing professional services in 147 countries.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6122918&lang=en