DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/82ef37/usergenerated_con) has announced the addition of eMarketer's new report "User-Generated Content: More Popular than Profitable" to their offering.
It is a phenomenon unlike anything seen in the history of media, and few parts of the Internet are unaffected. From entertainment to communications to e-commerce, consumers are increasingly taking charge of the creation, distribution and consumption of digital content.
The User-Generated Content report analyzes a trend that promises not only to transform the face of the Internet, but also to radically alter the distribution of all media.
It is true that by 2013, 155 million of US Internet users will consume some form of user-created content, up from 116 million in 2008. The number of user-generated content creators will grow by similar proportions, reaching 115 million in 2013, up from 83 million in 2008.
However, this frenzy of content generation is not producing commensurate rewards for marketers or site publishers, as advertisers continue to shy away from attaching their brands to content that is inherently unpredictable.
To realize the full potential of user-generated content, marketers and site publishers must be willing to work together.
For marketers, that means taking risks and becoming savvier about finding safe havens within social media channels. For site publishers, it means creating environments where marketers feel comfortable investing their advertising dollars
Key questions the "User-Generated Content" report answers:
- How many people in the US are creating and consuming user-generated content?
- Why is UGC difficult to monetize?
- What are the demographic characteristics of UGC?
- What sites are leading the way in UGC?
- How are companies using this content in their marketing efforts?
- What are the UGC trends to watch?
- And many others
The User-Generated Content report aggregates the latest data from marketing and communications researchers with eMarketer analysis to provide the information you need to make smart, timely business decisions
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- US User-Generated Content Consumers and Creators, 2008 & 2013 (millions and % of Internet users)
- Key Questions
- The eMarketer View
- Creators and Consumers of User-Generated Content
- User-Generated Content Mix
- User-Generated Video
- Social Networking
- Customer Reviews
- Virtual Worlds
- Other Activities
- Monetizing User-Generated Content
- Advertising Models
- Fee-Based Models
- Marketing Uses of User-Generated Content
- Top User-Generated Content Sites
- Trends to Watch
- Content Aggregation
- Niche and DIY Social Networking
- Related Information and Links
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/82ef37/usergenerated_con