Media Relations Specialist
Job Title: Media Relations Specialist – Toronto
Salary (monthly): DOE
Work Schedule (days/hours of position): Monday to Friday/9AM – 5:30PM
Business Wire is seeking a Media Relations Specialist in Toronto to join our global media relations team. This role is responsible for networking with media, delivering strategic media pitches, and securing licensing agreements in order to expand Business Wire’s Canadian media network.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, tech savvy and an assertive team player who is adept at juggling multiple projects in a demanding environment. Previous experience with media relations, public relations, journalism, influencer marketing, or media sales is preferred. Familiarity with social media outreach, event planning, marketing and database management is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be proactive in reaching out to traditional and new media in the D/A/CH region and Central/Eastern Europe on a daily basis. The candidate will be tech savvy and an assertive team player who is adept at managing multiple projects in a demanding and changing environment. Previous experience with media relations, public relations, journalism, influencer marketing, or media sales is a must. Familiarity with social media outreach, event planning, marketing and database management is a preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet monthly goals by securing new trade websites and media outlets for licensing and usage of Business Wire content
• Grow and maintain relationships with members of the Canadian media by developing and delivering strategic and effective media pitches
• Maintain current and accurate media contact information in Business Wire’s internal media database
• Conduct regular analysis of distribution offerings against industry peers and identify opportunities to secure competitive advantages
• Utilize approved social media channels to network with journalists, bloggers, and influencers to increase awareness and usage of Business Wire’s innovative products and services
• Plan and execute media seminars/events in coordination with Business Wire sales staff
• Participate in professional Journalism, PR and IR organizations (such as CAJ and CIRI) and network at local events for the promotion of Business Wire and its services, sometimes outside of normal business hours
• Generate content for the company blog, newsletter and intranet
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, or international equivalent, strongly preferred
• Established contacts with local, regional, national and trade media, and/or with bloggers and influencers
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
• French fluency (Additional language skills a plus)
• Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to a variety of audiences
• Experience with content delivery systems (RSS and FTP), metrics, and measurement reporting
• Ability to facilitate multiple projects simultaneously and complete work on deadline
• Willingness to travel (within Canada)
• Proficient in basic software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce) and database management
Send a resume and cover letter to:
Deadline to Apply: May 16, 2018
E-mail (Subject: CANADA MRT POSITION) Resume/Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls.