Help Desk Technician
Job Title: Help Desk Technician, San Francisco
Work Schedule (days/hours of position): Monday thru Friday between 8:30am PT and 5pm PT
The Help Desk Technician position provides support to end users on a variety of issues by responding to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. This position is responsible for identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems relying mostly on instructions and pre-established guidelines. The Help Desk Technician documents, tracks and resolves problems in a timely manner under the immediate supervision of a supervisor or manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Ensure that all help requests are logged into our JIRA software accurately and resolved in a timely fashion
- Perform tasks and projects as instructed by supervisor/manager
- Update documentation in company Wiki and other document management system.
- Demonstrate reliability through good attendance and punctuality
- Work as a team member performing any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of the office as determined by the local or regional manager
- Properly escalate issues that impact business continuity and/or employee’s ability to work
- 2+ years of previous experience troubleshooting in a Helpdesk environment or an equivalent Associate degree in a related field
- Windows 10/8/7/XP Desktops, Apple OS Macs, Basic Networking (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Troubleshooting), Active Directory, Office 2013/2016, Office365, Printer support, Desktop and Laptop Repair, Hard Drive imaging software, Asset Management, Inventory management software, Computer Security principles, Anti-virus software, VPN software
- Knowledge of this field’s commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Display a high degree of professionalism, integrity, appearance and demeanor
- Have solid “hands on” ability to operate various information systems, including personal computers, network servers, networking peripherals, mobile devices and software
- Possess strong critical thinking skills that facilitate expedient problem solving
- Assertive, in a tactful manner, to assure the highest service levels possible
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- A+ Certified
- Experience working in large company
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.businesswire.com/
To apply, please email a resume AND cover letter to:
Via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Help Desk Technician – SF” in the subject line.
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon a
background check and upon submitting proof of education noted on the
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No phone calls.