Cash Receipts Associate
Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team
The Cash Receipts team is the sole processor of payments for the Company, which includes multiple currencies. We work closely with the various teams within Accounts Receivable as well as the entire Finance Department. We’re looking for smart, numbers-oriented candidates who are passionate about “balancing the books” accurately and efficiently.
About The Role
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, the Cash Receipts Associate is responsible for processing all cash inflows accurately and in a timely manner. This position is also responsible for processing refunds and rebate payments to clients.
What You’ll Do
- Apply invoice payments, and all other miscellaneous cash inflows, accurately and in a timely manner. Forms of inflow include checks, credit cards, and wire transfers.
- Partner and communicate effectively with internal clients to ensure accurate and timely processing of receipts.
- Research and resolve all receipts that do not directly correlate, or cannot be reasonably inferred to correlate, to invoices or general ledger accounts. If necessary, contact external clients to ascertain intent of remittance. Process accordingly.
- Create debit memos promptly and accurately.
- Escalate issues and concerns to supervisor and manager as appropriate.
- Meet or exceed operational standards and deadlines.
- Partner with immediate team members in completing daily tasks.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Make account adjustments for small balances and variances due to wire transfer fees.
- Calculate rebates and shared earnings accurately and collaborate with Accounts Payable to process.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy with working knowledge of (1) Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Oracle Financials is a plus, but not required.
- Detail- and numbers-oriented.
- Good judgment and the ability to escalate issues appropriately.
- Reliable with good attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic with overall professionalism, including but not limited to, appearance, dress, and demeanor.
- Methodical and organized with excellent follow through.
- Flexible with ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent 10-key and data entry skills.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records