Media Relations Specialist
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
Job Title: Media Relations Specialist – London
Salary (monthly): DOE
Work Schedule (days/hours of position): Monday to Friday/9AM – 6:00PM
Business Wire is seeking a Media Relations Specialist in London to join our global media relations team. This role is responsible for networking with media, delivering strategic media pitches, and securing licensing agreements in order to expand Business Wire’s European media network.
The ideal candidate will be proactive in reaching out to traditional and new media in the UK and Western Europe on a daily basis. The candidate will be tech savvy and an assertive team player who is adept at managing multiple projects in a demanding environment. Previous experience with media relations, public relations, journalism, influencer marketing, or media sales is preferred. Familiarity with social media outreach, event planning, marketing and database management is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include any or all of the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Meet monthly goals by securing new media outlets and trade publications for licensing and usage of Business Wire content
- Actively increase Business Wire’s online presence throughout the region
- Build and maintain positive relationships with members of the UK and European media by developing and delivering strategic and effective media pitches
- Conduct regular analysis of distribution offerings against industry peers and identify opportunities to secure competitive advantages
- Utilize approved social media channels to network with journalists, bloggers, and influencers to increase awareness and usage of Business Wire’s innovative products and services
- Maintain current media contact information in Business Wire’s internal media database
- Plan and execute media seminars/webinars/events in coordination with Business Wire’s local management and marketing team
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and soft sales skills
- Participate in professional Journalism, PR and IR organizations and network at local events for the promotion of Business Wire and its services, sometimes outside of normal business hours
- Generate content for the company blog, newsletter and intranet
- Regular meetings (in person and over the phone) with journalists and bloggers
- Educated to degree level a minimum requirement
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Established contacts within local, regional, national and trade media, and/or with bloggers and influencers
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to a variety of audiences
- Knowledgeable about the UK media industry
- Experience with content delivery systems (RSS and FTP), metrics, and measurement reporting
- Ability to facilitate multiple projects simultaneously and complete work on deadline
- Willingness to travel (within Europe)
- Proficient in basic software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce) and database management
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Deadline to Apply: December 12, 2017
E-mail (Subject: LONDON MRT POSITION) Resume/Cover Letter to: email@example.com
No phone calls.