Senior International Human Resources Representative
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
BW Office: San Francisco
Department: Human Resources
Job Title: Senior International Human Resources Representative
Business Wire is seeking an experienced International Human Resources Representative to work with Business Wire’s non-U.S. offices (Canada, UK, France, Germany, Japan, Hong Kong and Australia) in a leadership capacity to provide support with general corporate human resources duties as well as complex projects as needed.
This position is expected to function as a team member within the Business Wire organization performing any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of the HR Department as determined by the Human Resources Manager.
Key Job responsibilities
- Assume a leadership role in the administration of all general HR support as needed for international offices.
- Coordinate payroll for international offices with international accountants.
- Maintain attendance records/benefits (or local country equivalent) for international offices.
- Handle personnel issues for international offices with the assistance of HR Management.
- Handle new hire and termination procedures for international offices.
- Benefits administration for international offices, including payments, renewals, liaison with providers, insurance brokers and employees.
- Provide feedback and guidance on establishing policies & procedures for international offices, including handbooks, work rules, and any other related items.
- Assume a leadership role in the opening of new international offices to ensure that all HR areas (payroll, benefits, policies & procedures, new hire documents, etc.) have been addressed.
- Assist with and coordinate employee leaves for international offices.
- Handle complex projects related to our international offices, including employee transfers to or from international offices.
- Keep apprised of all employment law changes in the countries in which Business Wire has an office and provide updates to HR Management about laws that will impact Business Wire.
- Liaise with other HR staff members and Corporate Admin as necessary for international offices.
- Any other international HR duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualificatoins
- Minimum 2-3 years experience managing international employee benefits.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- BA/BS degree in human resources management preferred.
- A strong command of international employment law in the countries in which Business Wire has offices.
- Strong familiarity with HR concepts.
- Must be sensitive to cultural differences in HR and business concepts.
- Must be able to apply critical thinking skills to various aspects of responsibilities.
- Must possess strong multi-tasking skills.
- Must possess strong time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrate reliability through good attendance and punctuality.
Business Wire offers a fulfilling, stable environment with an emphasis on work/life balance.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, a dental/vision/education/fitness reimbursement program, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.businesswire.com/
Please reply to this posting with you resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon a background check and upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No sponsorship available
No phone calls.
Business Wire agrees and represents that it will provide equal employment practices and the contractor and each subcontractor hereunder will ensure that in his or her employment practices persons are employed and employees are treated equally and without regard to or because of race, religion, ancestry , national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition