Oracle Apps (EBS) DBA
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
BW Office: San Francisco
Department: Information Technology
Job Title: Orcale Apps (EBS) DBA
This is a full-time position in the San Francisco office, conveniently located next to the Embarcadero BART station.
This position is the primary Apps DBA on the DBA team, so qualified candidates must have strong E-Business Suite skills. Experience with EBS on RAC databases is highly desired.
Responsible for R12.2 Oracle E-Business Suite and 12c Oracle RAC databases in a high availability, 24x7 environment running on Oracle VM clusters. On-call duty as part of a shared rotation is required.
Duties involve patching and cloning Oracle EBS, patching Oracle RAC databases running on ASM, maintaining standby databases via Data Guard, and on-going performance tuning and incident response. The role will also work closely with development and user groups.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Install, configure, and patch Oracle software—Grid Infrastructure, Database, Agent, and Client (12c)
- Install, configure, patch, and clone Oracle E-Business Suite (R12.2)
- Performance tune Oracle EBS and Oracle databases
- Configure hot backups and perform restores/duplicates of databases with RMAN
- Configure Oracle Data Guard for easy failover/failback of databases
- Configure Oracle Networking
- Implement security at the database level and within the EBS application
- Create and maintain internal documentation for EBS and databases
- Utilize Oracle Enterprise Manager to monitor and manage databases
- Create automatic alarms with cron and OEM, and respond to these alarms
- Monitor system logs and take corrective action for any problems
- Develop scripts to automate routine administrative tasks
- Support reporting requirements using SAP Business Objects and Apex
- Review application designs with developers, making recommendations for schema changes
- Evaluate new products and technologies and/or recommend purchases
- Monitor and recommend additional hardware—disk, cluster nodes, tape drives
- Demonstrate reliability through prompt response, good attendance and punctuality
- Work as a team member performing any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of the company as determined by the Director, Database Administration and Operation
Qualifications Required for this Position:
- 5+ years Oracle Database experience
- 3+ years Oracle E-Business Suite experience
- 1+ years Oracle WebLogic experience
- Cloning and patching Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle databases
- General understanding of a UNIX operating system
- Independent problem-solving and researching skills
- Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (PL/SQL, Perl, shell, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, eager to learn tangential skills
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse group of people
- Professional appearance and demeanor
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.businesswire.com
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon a background check and upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No VISA sponsorship available
No relocations assistance provided. Local candidates only
No phone calls.
Business Wire agrees and represents that it will provide equal employment practices and the contractor and each subcontractor hereunder will ensure that in his or her employment practices persons are employed and employees are treated equally and without regard to or because of race, religion, ancestry , national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition