Software QA Automation Engineer
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely
BW Office: San Francisco
Department: Information Technology
Job Title: Software QA Automation Engineer
Summary of Position:
Business Wire, Inc. is looking for a Software QA Automation Engineer who will be responsible for testing our web sites and applications using open source testing tools in a robust way that will span the diverse technologies in our enterprise. Tasks will include building, maintaining and executing automated jobs and test scripts, and advising and recommending enterprise-wide automated testing solutions. The position requires a person who is self-motivated, seeks challenging, creative work in a diverse environment, has a strong desire to learn and grow, is a good communicator willing to reach out to other teams and has a desire to mentor junior team members. This person must also be resourceful and creative about learning our software and business and take the initiative to become a productive member of the team. Business Wire, a 55-year old innovative and successful company, is a global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation and implementation of QA tools
- Design, development and maintenance of scripts using QA tools
- Development, maintenance, and execution of test scripts and test cases
- Testing and presentation of results on product quality using web collaboration tools (wiki, intranet, etc.)
- Performance of reliability, regression, usability, performance, stress, security and other types of testing as needed
- Providing actionable intelligence to developers and DBAs
- Working with software developers and DBAs to advise on the best implementation of test strategies
- Mentoring junior team members
- Working as a team member to perform any and all functions necessary for the successful operation of the office as determined by the local or regional manager
- 4+ years of QA experience showing increasing skill and responsibility
- 2+ years’ experience in design and development of automation tests using open-source testing frameworks with at least one year of Java/Selenium Webdriver
- Knowledge of common programming, scripting languages and libraries (e.g. Perl, PHP, Python, Java, JSP, Java Swing, Jython, SQL)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
Preferred skills include:
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Eclipse and/or Intellij
- Experience with Subversion and/or Git
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Experience with TestNG, Robot and/or Cucumber frameworks
- Experience with load and performance testing tools
- Experience with Jenkins.
Business Wire offers a fulfilling, stable environment with an emphasis on work/life balance.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, a dental/vision/education/fitness reimbursement program, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
For more information, please visit our website: http://www.businesswire.com/
Please reply to this posting with your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please Note: Acceptance of a job offer is contingent upon submitting proof of education noted on the job application.
Background checks will not be conducted until after a job offer has been made, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of criminal history.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
No sponsorship available.
No phone calls.