Media Relations Specialist
Business Wire is renowned for both its excellent and unique benefits package. In the US, we offer standard benefits such as health insurance, 401k matching and paid time off. We also offer unique benefits including reimbursement plans for fitness, dental, vision and education classes. Outside the US, benefits are offered according to local regulations and custom, and may vary by country.
Most importantly, we value those employees who make their career at Business Wire; we are very proud of the fact that our length of employment far exceeds the standard. Longtime employees are well rewarded - financially, professionally, and uniquely.
BW Office: Frankfurt
Department: Media Services Product Strategy
Job Title: Media Relations Specialist - Frankfurt
Business Wire is seeking a Media Relations Specialist in Frankfurt to join our global media relations team. This role is responsible for networking with media, delivering strategic media pitches, and securing licensing agreements in order to expand Business Wire’s European media network.
The ideal candidate will be proactive in reaching out to traditional and new media in the D/A/CH region and Central/Eastern Europe on a daily basis. The candidate will be tech savvy and an assertive team player who is adept at managing multiple projects in a demanding and changing environment. Previous experience with media relations, public relations, journalism, influencer marketing, or media sales is a must. Familiarity with social media outreach, event planning, marketing and database management is a preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet monthly goals by securing new trade websites and media outlets for licensing and usage of Business Wire content
- Expand and maintain relationships with members of the European media by developing and delivering strategic and effective media pitches
- Conduct regular analysis of distribution offerings against industry peers and identify opportunities to secure competitive advantages
- Utilize approved social media channels to network with journalists, bloggers, and influencers to increase awareness and usage of Business Wire’s innovative products and services
- Maintain current media contact information in Business Wire’s internal media database
- Plan and execute media seminars, webinars, and events in coordination with Business Wire’s local management and marketing team
- German and English fluency (Additional language skills a plus)
- Actively participate in professional Journalism, PR and IR organizations and network at local events for the promotion of Business Wire and its services, sometimes outside of normal business hours
- Identify potential media partnerships with relevant media organizations
- Generate content for the company blog, newsletter and intranet
- Regular meetings with journalists and bloggers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Established contacts within local, regional, national and trade media, and/or with bloggers and influencers
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in German and English
- Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations to a variety of audiences
- Knowledgeable about the media industry within the D/A/CH region.
- Experience with content delivery systems (RSS and FTP), metrics, and measurement reporting
- Ability to facilitate multiple projects simultaneously and complete work on deadline
- Willingness to travel (within Europe)
- Proficient in basic software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce) and database management
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Subject: FRANKFURT MRT POSITION
No phone calls.