TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--JEOL Ltd. (TOKYO:6951) (President & CEO Izumi Oi) announces launch of a new Cryogen Reclamation System for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) on April 14, 2023.
This product was jointly developed by JEOL Ltd., a manufacturer of NMR instruments, Japan Superconductor Technology, Inc. (JASTEC), a manufacturer of superconducting magnets, and Ulvac Cryogenics Inc. which has strengths in cryogenic technologies, by combining the cutting-edge technologies of each company.
It can substantially reduce evaporation of both liquid helium and liquid nitrogen that are inevitable as cryogen for the NMR instrument’s superconducting magnet.
- Light-weight and space-saving. Still, this system alone can reduce the evaporation loss of both liquid helium and liquid nitrogen.
- It reduces the frequency and costs for refilling the cryogen and maximizes the operation time of the NMR instruments.
- It can significantly reduce the risk of stopping NMR instruments due to difficulty in obtaining liquid helium.
- The new design sufficiently reduces the vibration of the refrigerator and thus avoids affecting the quality of the spectrum.
- Attachment is possible to the existing NMR instruments with the magnetic field maintained.
Liquid helium : Zero Boil Off (nominal)
Liquid nitrogen : Zero Boil Off (nominal)
Superconducting magnets of JEOL Ltd. *1
400JJYH, 500JJ, 600JJ, 700JJ
Power supply and required power capacity
Compressor unit / Control unit
Three phase 200 V
6.4/8.0 kW (50/60 Hz) (Normal)
7.1/8.8 kW (50/60 Hz) (Maximum)
Circuit breaker capacity rated 30 - 50 A
Flow rate : 5 - 15 L/min
Temperature : 5 - 32 ℃
Pressure : 0.7 MPa (Maximum)
Cooling capacity : 50Hz:7.1kW, 60Hz:8.8kW (Minimum)
*1 Please contact us for magnets other than these listed.
* Appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Annual unit sales target
10 units / year
Product URL: https://www.jeol.com/products/scientific/nmr_peripherals/CR-80.php
3-1-2, Musashino, Akishima, Tokyo, 196-8558, Japan
Izumi Oi, President & CEO
(Stock code: 6951, Tokyo Stock Exchange Prime Market)