OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Viewers can access highlights from an AM Best webinar sponsored by Munich Re to learn real world ways of mitigating natural catastrophe risk to help save lives and money.
- Anne Cope, chief engineer, Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety;
- Maurice Marvi, property loss control expert, Munich Re Specialty Insurance; and
- John B. Riggs, chief technology officer & senior vice president, Applied Technology Solutions, HSB.
The video-based interactive presentation is available here: http://amb.brightcovegallery.com/mitigate_22#
The webinar was compiled into the following stand-alone segments:
- Adoption of Sensors Is Crossing the Tipping Point
- Better Mapping, Tech Tools Are Improving Loss Controls
- Catastrophes May Vary, But Preparedness Should Be Constant
- Effective Use of Data, Tech, Sensors Can Blunt the Impact of Catastrophes
- Protecting Against Hazards Includes the Decision Whether to Build at All
- Resilience Can Be Expensive, But Abandoning Destroyed Properties Is Even Costlier
- Sensors Reveal Much More than Their Immediate Surroundings
- Step One in Building Catastrophe Defenses Is Openly Recognizing the Risk
- Temperature Sensors Clarify Patterns of Freezing, Wildfires, Wildfire Impacts
- To Defend Against Wildfires, Consider All Defenses
- Wildfires Erratic Nature Makes Them Modeling Challenges
The complete video replay for this event is also available to view here: http://www.ambest.com/webinars/catastrophes2022/index.html
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data analytics provider specializing in the insurance industry. Headquartered in the United States, the company does business in over 100 countries with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2023 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.