PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Phenom, the global leader in Intelligent Talent Experience, today announced its high-volume hiring solution has earned five ‘Excellence in Technology’ awards — including Gold for ‘Best Advance in AI for Business Impact’ and ‘Best Advance in Technology for Readapting to the Workplace and Workplace Culture’ — from Brandon Hall Group, the leader in recognizing Human Capital Management.
Phenom High-Volume Hiring is recognized for delivering exceptional innovation that is measurably benefitting the workforce in the areas of Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Human Resources and Future of Work. Phenom is the winner in five categories:
- Best Advance in AI for Business Impact
- Best Advance in Technology for Readapting to the Workplace and Workplace Culture
- Best Advance in Emerging Talent Management Technology
- Best Advance in Candidate Experience Management Technology
- Best Advance in AI and Machine Learning
Companies are developing a competitive advantage by adopting high-volume hiring solutions specifically designed for their industry — healthcare, hospitality, retail, manufacturing and transportation, in particular. Phenom’s customized solutions automate the unique workflows that increase their ability to quickly attract, engage, screen and offer candidates a position, while significantly reducing recruiter time and costs associated with traditional hiring processes. At a time when there are both fewer applicants and fewer recruiters, improving efficiency is essential to the growth of every company.
Phenom’s integrated set of high-volume hiring solutions and technologies enable employers to meet high-volume staffing targets up to 90% more efficiently by combining automated AI Scheduling, Video Assessments, and Career Site, Chatbot, SMS or WhatsApp engagement into seamless, replicable workflows. With High-Volume Hiring, recruiting teams can take candidates from “hello” to a hiring action in as little as 3 minutes — making job filling faster and more agile for recruiters, candidates and hiring managers.
Companies that have adopted Phenom’s high-volume hiring solution, which is differentiated by intelligence, automation and experience, are achieving dramatic results:
- A leading retail chain hired 7,000 workers in two weeks by reducing time to hire from weeks to 8 hours
- A major early education provider decreased time to apply to under 3 minutes and increased completed applications 96%
- A Fortune 500 software company automated 90% of interviews, saving 24,000 hours and increasing interviewing efficiency by 75%
- A major manufacturing company saved 7,166 hours, booking 61% of interviews in an hour
- A leading transportation company saved recruiters 92,000 hours answering routine questions
To further help companies assess their hiring priorities, identify a strategy and build an action plan, Phenom has made available a High-Volume Hiring Playbook.
“Phenom is proud to provide award-winning solutions that have a direct impact on cost reduction and faster time to hire,” said Bambi Grundwerg, Director, Industry & Vertical Solutions at Phenom. “Addressing both quantity and quality of job candidates is the only way employers will be able to keep their doors open, their production lines and supply chains flowing, and customer and patient services profitable — especially across industries largely defined by frontline roles.”
To improve high-volume hiring efficiency, employers must be informed about the consequences that can result if immediate action is not taken, including:
- Increased cost to hire. Companies that perpetuate recruitment inefficiencies will continuously invest more in talent acquisition headcount, which increases cost to hire without increasing volume or quality of candidates.
- Increased competitive losses. Enterprises with prolonged hiring processes will lose out on the best talent who choose competitors that provide a faster, more agile hiring experience.
- Decreased recruiter productivity. Organizations that resist intelligent automation forfeit the ability to trade mundane tasks for impactful, strategic work.
- Decreased revenue. Businesses with inefficient mass hiring will continue to experience staffing shortages, reduced operating hours, and inflated compensation models to retain existing employees.
With Phenom, candidates find and choose the right job faster, employees develop their skills and evolve, recruiters become wildly productive, managers build stronger-performing teams, HR aligns employee development with company goals, and HRIS easily integrates existing HR tech to create a holistic infrastructure.
To download the Phenom High-Volume Hiring Playbook, click here.
For a personalized demo of Phenom High-Volume Hiring, click here.
Phenom has a purpose of helping a billion people find the right job. Through AI-powered talent experiences, employers are using Phenom to hire employees faster, develop them to their full potential, and retain them longer. The Phenom Intelligent Talent Experience platform seamlessly connects candidates, employees, recruiters, hiring managers, HR and HRIS — empowering over 500 diverse and global enterprises with innovative products including Phenom Career Site, Chatbot, CMS, CRM, AI Scheduling, Video Assessments, Campaigns, University Recruiting, Talent Marketplace, Career Pathing, Gigs, Mentoring, and Referrals.
Phenom has earned accolades including: Inc. 5000’s fastest-growing companies (3 consecutive years), Deloitte Technology's Fast 500 (4 consecutive years), Business Intelligence Group's Artificial Intelligence Excellence Awards (2021 & 2022), and a regional Timmy Award for launching and optimizing HelpOneBillion.com (2020).
Headquartered in Greater Philadelphia, Phenom also has offices in India, Israel, the Netherlands, Germany and the United Kingdom.