DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "FPGA Market by Configuration (Low-End FPGA, Mid-Range FPGA, High-End FPGA), Technology (SRAM, Flash, Antifuse), Node Size (=16 nm, 20-90 nm, and >90 nm), Vertical and Region (North America, Europe, APAC, RoW) - Global Forecast to 2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The FPGA market is projected to grow from USD 8.0 billion in 2022 and is projected to reach USD 15.5 billion by 2027; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.2% from 2022 to 2027.
Market for flash technology segment to grow at the high CAGR during the forecast period.
The flash segment of the FPGA market is projected to record the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The high growth rate is attributed to several industry participants emphasizing developing technically advanced flash-based products to cater to the high demand for energy-efficient FPGA solutions in the market.
For instance, in March 2022, Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (US) developed new radiation-hardened NOR Flash memory targeted for FPGAs that have applications in the aerospace sector. The new 1Gb monolithic NOR Flash memory is specifically designed for space applications and meets the needs of high-end FPGAs, including Certus NX-RT and CertusProNX-RT from Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (US) and RT Kintex UltraScale FPGA from Xilinx, Inc. (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.) (US).
The 20-90 nm node size segment will hold high market share during the forecast period.
The 20-90 nm node size segment will witness a high market share during the forecast period. FPGAs with node sizes ranging from 20 nm to 90 nm offer high-temperature tolerance, consume less power, and act as digital signal processing (DSP) solutions. They have embedded multipliers and offer high density, increased memory, and ease of packaging. These intuitive features increases the demand for FPGAs with 20-90 nm node sizes across industrial networks, vehicle networking and connectivity, high-resolution videos and graphics, 10G to 100G networking, and portable radars applications.
Asia Pacific will be the fastest growing region in FPGA market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the FPGA market during the forecast period. Market growth is driven by the semiconductor and electronics manufacturing sector in the China that demand various test and measurement equipment in their facilities. The country has around 293 semiconductor wafer fabrication, IC testing, and packaging plants located across 20 provinces in China.
Plant facilities require various equipment such as automated test equipment, assembly & packaging equipment, Lithography system, and wafer manufacturing equipment. This equipment is incorporated with FPGAs as functional enhancements can be done without spending time redesigning hardware or modifying the board layout. It reduces time to market and requires low development cost as compared to ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) based system.
- Proliferation of Ai & IoT Technologies Worldwide
- Rising Adoption of Fpgas in Adas
- Surging Deployment of Data Centers and High-Performance Computing (Hpc)
- Mounting Demand for FPGA Hardware Verification in Avionics
- Potential Security Threats Due to Hidden Bugs in Fpgas
- Rising Demand for Fpgas in High Bandwidth Devices for High-End Applications
- Surging Deployment of 5G Communication Infrastructure
- Increasing Penetration of Efpgas in Military and Aerospace Sectors
- Lack of Improved and Standardized Verification Techniques
- Highly Complex Programming
- Achronix Semiconductor Corporation
- Agm Microelectronics
- Aldec, Inc.
- Bytesnap Design
- Efinix Inc.
- Emupro Consulting Private Limited
- Flex Logix Technologies, Inc.
- Gowin Semiconductor Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- Iwave Systems Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Lattice Semiconductor Corporation
- Leaflabs, LLC
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- Mistral Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Nuvation Engineering
- Quicklogic Corporation
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Shanghai Anlu Information Technology Co. Ltd.
- Shenzhen Ziguang Tongchuang Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Xilinx, Inc. (Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)
- Xi'An Zhiduoji Microelectronics Co. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/adxxd4