DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Endoscope Reprocessing Market by Product (HLD and Test Strips, Detergents & Wipes, Automated Endoscope Reprocessors (AER), Endoscope Drying, Storage, & Transport Systems, Tracking Solutions), End User (Hospitals, ASCs & Clinics) (2022 - 2027)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global endoscope reprocessing market is projected to USD 3.8 billion by 2027 from USD 2.4 billion in 2022, at a CAGR of 9.7% from 2022 to 2027.
High-level disinfectants and test strips are expected to hold the largest share of the endoscope reprocessing market, by product in 2021
Based on product, the global endoscope reprocessing market is segmented into high-level disinfectants and test strips; detergents & wipes; endoscope tracking systems; endoscope drying, storage, and transport systems; automated endoscope reprocessors (AERs); and other products (brushes and flushing aids, leak testers, hookups, and sponges). In 2021, the high-level disinfectants and test strips segment holds the largest share of the global endoscope reprocessing market.
The large share of this segment is due to outbreak of infectious diseases to drive high-level disinfectants demand. Test strips are used to effectively measure the minimum recommended concentration of high-level disinfectants and provide fast disinfectant reaction time and a user-friendly color comparison chart to detect residual carbohydrate, protein, and hemoglobin to monitor the success of endoscope cleaning procedures.
Hospitals are expected to hold the largest share of the endoscope reprocessing market, by end user in 2021
Based on end users, the global endoscope reprocessing market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and clinics, and other end users (diagnostic centers, mobile endoscopy facilities, and office endoscopy centers). In 2021, the hospitals' segment has the largest share due to large patient volume in hospitals related to endoscopic procedures leads to increase demand for endoscope reprocessing products in hospitals.
North America commanded the largest share of the endoscope reprocessing market in 2021
Based on region, the endoscope reprocessing market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. In 2021, North America has the largest share of the endoscope reprocessing market. The largest share of North America can be attributed to factors such as the rising number of cancer cases, favorable reimbursement scenarios, and Increasing requirement for endoscopy to diagnose and treat target diseases.
- Increasing Requirement for Endoscopy to Diagnose and Treat Target Diseases
- High Risk of Endoscope-Associated Infections
- Growing Geriatric Population and Subsequent Increase in Endoscopic Procedures
- Increasing Emphasis on Improving Reprocessing Guidelines by Healthcare Authorities
- Increasing Investments, Funds, and Grants to Improve Healthcare Infrastructure and Research Areas of Endoscopy
- Increasing Preference for Minimally Invasive Surgeries
- Rising Focus of Medical Specialists and Healthcare Providers on Shifting from Manual to Automated Endoscopy Reprocessing
- Concerns Related to Reprocessed Instrument Safety
- Adverse Effects of Chemical Disinfectants
- High Overhead Costs of Endoscopy Procedures with Limited Reimbursement in Developing Countries
- High Risk of COVID-19 Transmission During Endoscopic Procedures
- Growing Medical Devices Industry in Emerging Economies
- Preference for Single-Use Endoscopes
- Increasing Number of Product Failures and Recalls
- Shortage of Trained Professionals
- Lack of Awareness Associated with Reprocessing Methods
- Increasing Fda Recommended Measures to Reduce Infection Transmission
- Advanced Sterilization Products (Fortive)
- Arc Healthcare Solutions
- Belimed AG (A Metall Zug Group Company)
- Bes Healthcare (A Division of Bes Rehab Ltd)
- Borer Chemie Ag
- Cantel Medical
- Conmed Corporation
- Custom Ultrasonics
- Endo-Technik W. Griesat GmbH (Creo Medical)
- Getinge Ab
- Medical Devices Group Srl
- Medonica Co. Ltd
- Metrex Research, LLC
- Micro-Scientific, LLC
- Olympus Corporation
- Richard Wolf GmbH
- Shinva Medical Instrument Co., Ltd
- Steelco S.P.A
- Summit Imaging, Inc.
- Wassenburg Medical (A Member of Hoya)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yr393a