DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Africa Water Treatment Chemicals Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Application (Raw Water Treatment, RO, UF & NF Membrane Treatment), by End Use, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2022-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Africa water treatment chemicals market size is expected to reach USD 1.54 billion by 2030 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2022 to 2030
The industry growth is majorly driven by the recycling of effluent, the growth of central treatment units for SMEs, and advanced biological wastewater treatment technology.
The market has been segmented based on three parameters which are application, end-use, and region. The application section includes applications in raw water treatment, RO, UF, and NF Membrane treatment, Open & Closed Cooling Systems treatment, and Boilers among others. End-users include chemical manufacturing, food & beverages, mining & mineral processing, paper & pulp, and municipal among others.
The most widely used products in this country comprise corrosion inhibitors, coagulants & flocculants, and biocides among others. The product market is driven by increasing concerns regarding the availability of safe drinking water and the implementation of high-quality standards for several industrial applications.
Sodium hydroxide, chlorine dioxide, ozone, aluminum, iron, and other chemicals are the key raw materials used in the manufacturing of the product. Sodium hydroxide is used in water treatment applications to raise the pH value of drinking water to a level that minimizes corrosion. It controls the corrosion of metals such as lead from pipes into the drinking water. Chlorine dioxide is used in these applications owing to its effectiveness as an oxidant, disinfectant, and biocide.
This country is considered to be among one of the least industrialized regions in the world. But with a growing population and increasing FDI, the region's healthy economies such as South Africa, Nigeria, and other countries are believed to witness growing industrial development which in turn will increase the demand for the product.
The consumption and production of the products in this country are majorly influenced by the demand from different end-use industries. Hence, any fluctuation in demand for these chemicals from end-use industries is anticipated to directly impact the growth of the products in the region.
The spread of COVID-19 led to the shutting down of vital end-use industries, including chemicals, oil & gas, power, etc. in the country in 2020. This impacted the growth of the regional market.
Africa Water Treatment Chemicals Market Report Highlights
- The market is estimated to advance with a moderate CAGR of 5% from 2022 to 2030. This is attributed to the industrial development in the country
- South Africa dominated the market in 2021 with a revenue share of 10.0%. This is attributable to the growing demand for water for human consumption and the increasing population and climate change in the country
- Municipal sector in the end-use segment dominated with 28% of the revenue share in 2021, owing to the increasing initiative taken by the government to improve the water quality
- Raw water treatment is the largest application segment in terms of revenue contributing to 34.9% in 2021. This high share is attributed to its efficiency to remove impurities, scales, biocides, coagulants, and other such substances from effluent which makes it easy for further processing
- Some of the prominent players in the market include Buckman, Ecolab Inc., Kemira, BASF SE, and Solenis LLC. The key players have established a supply chain of the products in the country through their in-house supply channels or third-party distributors
Market Driver Impact Analysis
- Growing Demand For Clean Water In Africa
- Industrial Development In Africa
Market Restraint Impact Analysis
- High Operational Costs Of Water Treatment Plants In Africa
Industry Analysis Tools
- Porter's Analysis
- Macroeconomic Analysis
- Acuro Organics Limited
- Alm International Group
- Baker Hughes Company
- Baroid Industrial Drilling Products
- BASF SE
- BWT Holding GmbH
- Cortec Corporation
- Ecolab Inc.
- Schlumberger Limited
- Solenis LLC
- Thermax Limited
- Kurita Water Industries Ltd.
- Kimleigh Chemicals Sa (Pty) Ltd (Pty) Ltd
- Ultra Water (Pty) Ltd
- Green Water Treatment Solutions
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/v15jpr