DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Lab Automation in Genomics Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 - 2027)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The Global Lab Automation in the Genomics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.70% over the forecast period (2021-2026). With the technological advancements and increasing computational capacities, there has been significant improvement in knowledge of genome sequencing in terms of data analytics advances that show unknown correlations, hidden patterns, and other insights, especially when it comes to testing data sets on a large scale.
- Moreover, novel advances in medicine are being made rapidly, primarily due to recent developments in genome analysis. DNA sequence analysis provides a clearer understanding of how genetic variation leads to disease and will ultimately lead to new cures. Also, laboratory automation has made room for great flexibility, higher throughputs, and affordable solutions. It offers faster handling, and the process can be expedited without worrying about a lack of reliability and precision. Genotyping and DNA sequencing have been very affordable, due to which the rate of growth is robust.
- Advances in DNA sequencing technology have made it cost-effective and more accessible than before, which has led to a flurry of genetic testing start-ups. To bring the price down, companies such as Color Genomics and Counsyl have built their sequencing labs and analytics software from scratch, using robots and machine learning to optimize operations.
- Various genomics applications integrating automation in their processes include nucleic acid isolation, RNAi screening, CRISPR analysis, PCR, and gene expression analysis. Players/Vendors in laboratory automation are designing tools that cater to these application needs. For instance, Tecan Group released their new platform, "Fluent Automation Workstation," in July 2021, which includes various features to simplify day-to-day laboratory automation and boost workflow productivity. During a run, the system reacts dynamically, making adjustments depending on actual times taken to maintain ongoing optimal throughput, all of which can be seen in real-time via an easy-to-understand Gantt chart.
- Moreover, the companies' other product launches through partnerships, increasing the market share of automation in genomics. For instance, In January 2021, nRichDX Inc. announced the Sample Prep Workflow "Semi-Automated Revolution" to increase sensitivity, yield, and throughput by supplying exponentially more target cfDNA for molecular tests while reducing hands-on technician time.
- Since the beginning of the COVID-19 epidemic, labs have been converting their spaces and resources into COVID-19 testing facilities, leading to increased adoption of automation equipment. The labs at the University of Washington were the first ones to do this. The Broad Institute followed an announcement of the conversion of their clinical processing lab into a large-scale COVID-19 testing facility.
Key Market Trends
Automated Liquid Handlers to Witness High Growth
- Cross-contamination is a major problem in the genomics laboratory, which can be avoided by implementing automated systems to manage the reagents and reaction mixtures. It is believed that taking out human intervention helps in achieving more consistency.
- Many technological advances have been made in the molding of plastics that reduced the volumes of reagents used and enabled the easy handling of smaller liquid volumes. These advancements have worked in favor of the development of micro-and nano-liter plates to fit with the automated liquid handling equipment.
- Leading companies have set the benchmark for the development of automated liquid handlers. These companies are constantly investing in developing premium products to increase the productivity of the process.
- According to the Robotic Industries Association, the life science sector has the third-highest growth in industrial robots in terms of automated liquid handlers, automated plate handlers, and robotic arms, among others, to meet up the demand.
Key Topics Covered:
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ua7zup