DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "High Net Worth (HNW) Offshore Investment - Drivers and Motivations 2021" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report draws on the publisher's Global Wealth Managers Survey and Financial Services Consumer Survey to analyze the drivers behind offshore investments across the wealth pyramid. It examines and contrasts offshore investment preferences across multiple jurisdictions and wealth tiers, providing readers with an in-depth understanding of what is motivating investors to look to offshore booking centers. The report outlines key challenges facing the wealth management industry in 2022, taking into account the impact of inflation, the COVID-19 pandemic, and what this means for the offshore sector.
The offshore wealth management market has surged in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, rebounding sharply after the volatility of Q1 2020. New investors have been drawn to the formerly niche market, while the traditional core of the market - HNW investors - have upped their allocations. The pandemic has truly reshaped the offshore investor profile and their behaviors, with the role of Asia Pacific growing as a destination for non-resident investors mainly based in North America and Europe.
- HNW investors remain the core segment of the offshore market due to the proportion of wealth they offshore, although the rate of offshore investing has increased across all wealth tiers.
- Younger, digital-savvy investors are increasingly turning to offshore investments as previous barriers - such as ease of use and high assets under management (AUM) thresholds - are overcome.
- COVID-19 travel bans have restricted the size of the expat market, although it remains a key segment of the offshore investor base due to their greater uptake of offshore accounts.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the growth sectors of the non-resident investor segment in recent years.
- Identify which offshore investors are gaining market share amid the pandemic.
- Gain insight into the drivers behind retail and HNW investor offshoring.
- Forecast HNW demand for offshore wealth management in all key markets.
- Size key market segments within the offshore investment market.
- Examine the effects of COVID-19 on the HNW offshore investment portfolio.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. HNW Offshore Investors
2.1 The core HNW offshore segment is growing in most markets
2.2 Portfolio preferences of HNW offshore investors
3. Retail Offshore Investors
3.1 Retail offshore investors are mainly draw from developing market millennials
3.2 While many individuals have offshore accounts, few outside of the HNW client base are worth pursuing
4. Motivations and Drivers
4.1 COVID-19 encouraged more investors to offshore wealth to combat negative portfolio impacts onshore
4.2 HNW investors' business interests drive them to offshore
4.3 Retail investors are keen to offshore for better returns
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/1g9yco