DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Healthcare Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Services (Contract Development, Contract Manufacturing), by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2022-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global healthcare contract development and manufacturing organization market size is expected to reach USD 471.0 billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 9.2%.
The market is expected to show lucrative growth due to increasing R&D expenditure and rising outsourcing trends.
Healthcare contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) provides outsourcing services to various pharmaceutical industries on a contract basis. An increase in the outsourcing by pharmaceutical companies, expansions in the pharmaceutical industry, and the support of CDMOs in reducing the operational and capital expenses are some of the major factors anticipated to propel the market growth in the forecast period.
In addition, growing pressure on pharmaceutical and medical device companies to follow stringent timelines has increased the demand for outsourcing development and manufacturing activities to CDMOs. Further, due to the increasing demand for medical devices in emerging countries, various companies are shifting their focus on research and development and outsourcing medical devices.
Also, the rise in outsourcing of R&D and the growing competency of CDMOs are expected to further contribute to the growing demand for early-stage development CDMOs by life science companies.
However, increasing logistic costs, serialization issues faced by healthcare organizations, and the threat of infringement of Intellectual Property (IP) rights are anticipated to restrain the market growth for healthcare contract development & manufacturing organization over the forecast period.
Healthcare Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization Market Report Highlights
- The contract manufacturing segment dominated the market with a revenue share of 73.4% in 2021 due to increasing in the outsourcing of manufacturing services by pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- The preclinical /segment is expected to register the highest CAGR of 10.1% in the forecast period due to the rising prevalence of many lifestyle-influenced diseases.
- North America dominated the healthcare contract development and manufacturing organization market with the largest revenue share of 41.0% in 2021 owing to the presence of a large number of CROs and CMOs in the region.
- The Asia Pacific is projected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period owing to low-cost service offered by Asian CROs and CMOs.
Market Driver Analysis
- Increasing outsourcing services by pharmaceutical companies
- Rising investment in R&D
- Growing pharmaceutical industry
- Increasing demand for one-stop-shop CDMOs
Market Restraint Analysis
- Compliance issues while outsourcing
- Changing scenarios in developing countries
- Regulatory and legal compliance
- Managing the relationships
Healthcare CDMO: Market Analysis Tools
- Industry Analysis-Porter's
- PESTEL Analysis
Major Deals & Strategic Alliances Analysis
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Catalent Inc.
- Lonza Group Ltd.
- Recipharm AB
- Siegfried Holding AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Covance Inc.
- Sanmina Corporation
- IQVIA Holdings Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kbtjcu