DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Surgical Sealants and Adhesives Market by Product Type, Indication, and Application: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Surgical Sealants and Adhesives Market size was valued at $5,165.2 million by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2021 to 2030.
Adhesives and sealants are used during surgical procedures to reinforce surgical wounds, repair injured tissues, or even replace common suturing techniques. These products can be used as adjuncts to sutures to prevent air and liquid leakages. They can be developed naturally or synthetically, and are used to generate three-dimensional networks, which bind to the target tissues and act as sealants, hemostats, or adhesives. On an average, almost 114 million surgical and procedure-based wounds occur annually across the globe.
Factors that drive the growth of the global Surgical Sealants and Adhesives Market include increase in number of cardiac surgeries and rise in concerns to decrease surgical injuries. Furthermore, as per the iData Research, approximately 13 million laparoscopic surgeries are performed globally every year. Further, the FDA aims to enhance availability of appropriate, reliable, and accurate surgical sealants & adhesives to meet public health needs and increase access to treatments for consumers.
Moreover, development of pharmaceutical & medical device industries and improvement in healthcare spending are anticipated to drive the growth of the Surgical Sealants and Adhesives Market. In addition, increase in demand for performing surgeries led to development of innovative instruments in the healthcare sector, thereby propelling growth of the market.
Moreover, initiatives taken by governments for development of surgical products and healthcare sector for manufacturing of surgical sealants & adhesives are the key factors that boost the growth of the market. Furthermore, surge in geriatric population, who are more vulnerable to chronic and cardiovascular disease led to increase in number of surgeries propel the growth of the surgical sealants and adhesives market.
Surgery is known as the best cure for various types of diseases. The prevalence of cardiovascular diseases in China has been increasing continuously. As per the report published in the Journal of Geriatric Cardiology by Li-Yuan Ma, in China, in 2020, over 290 million individuals suffered from cardiovascular diseases and nearly 2 out of every 5 fatalities occurred as a result of CVD.
Therefore, rise in number of cardiovascular diseases results in increase in number of surgeries. This has led to increase in usage of surgical sealants & adhesives that boosts the growth of the market. Geriatric population is at high risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases, increasing the demand for surgical interventions. Thus, rise in geriatric population is expected to drive the substantial growth of the surgical sealants and adhesives market during forecast period.
The global Surgical Sealants and Adhesives Market is segmented on the basis of type, usage, material, end user, and region. On the basis of type, the market is divided into hemostat clamps, aortic vascular clamps, bulldog forceps, needle holder, and others. The hemostat clamps segment dominated the market in 2020, and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period, owing to increase in number of cardiac surgeries, advancements in R&D activities in pharmaceutical & medical device industries, and surge in adoption of surgical sealants & adhesives instruments.
Region wise, North America accounted for a majority of the global Surgical Sealants and Adhesives Market share in 2020, and is anticipated to remain dominant during the forecast period. This is attributed to rise in prevalence of cardiovascular surgeries, increase in number of approvals for surgical sealants, presence of key players, and development in technology for healthcare.
Asia-Pacific is anticipated to witness lucrative growth, owing to increase in laparoscopic surgeries, rise in number of geriatric populations, growth in healthcare expenditures, and rise in adoption of surgical sealants & adhesives product.
Key Findings Of The Study
- By type, the natural biological sealants & adhesives segment was the highest contributor to the market in 2020
- On the basis of indication, the tissue sealing & hemostasis dominated the market in 2020, and is expected to continue this trend during the forecast period
- According to application, the cardiovascular surgeries segment dominated the surgical sealants and adhesives market in 2020, and is expected to continue this trend during the forecast period
- Increase in Ageing Population and Rise in Awareness Towards Surgical Sealants and Adhesives
- Surge in Prevalence of Chronic Diseases and Rise in Surgical Procedures Conducted Globally
- Surge in Adoption of Technologically Advanced Products
- High Cost and Extensive Clinical Data Required for the Launch of New Surgical Sealants and Adhesives
- Popularity of Minimally Invasive Surgeries
- Introduction of Novel Surgical Sealants and Adhesives and Rise in Healthcare Spending
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International Inc
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- Cryolife Inc
- CSL Ltd
- Johnson & Johnson
- Integra Life Sciences
- Occular Therapeutix Inc
- Natural/Biological Sealants and Adhesives
- Polypeptide/Protein-based Sealants and Adhesives
- Fibrin- Based
- Collagen Based
- Gelatin Gelatin based
- Albumin based
- Sealants and Adhesives
- Chitosan based
- Other Polysaccharide
- Human Blood based
- Animal Based
- Plant Based
- Synthetic and Semisynthetic Sealants and & Adhesives
- Polyethylene Glycol-based Hydrogel
- Urethane-based Adhesives
- Other Synthetic Sealants and Adhesives
- Tissue Sealing and & Hemostasis
- Tissue Engineering
- Central Nervous System (CNS) Surgeries
- General Surgeries
- Cardiovascular Surgeries
- Orthopedic Surgeries
- Cosmetic Surgeries
- Ophthalmic Surgeries
- Urological Surgeries
- Pulmonary Surgeries
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nc4j6s