DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Precious Metal Catalysts - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global Precious Metal Catalysts Market to Reach US$22.6 Billion by the Year 2027
The global market for Precious Metal Catalysts estimated at US$14.3 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$22.6 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.7% over the analysis period 2020-2027.
Platinum, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 7.8% CAGR to reach US$8 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
After an early analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Palladium segment is readjusted to a revised 7.1% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 23.6% share of the global Precious Metal Catalysts market.
The U.S. Accounts for Over 26.1% of Global Market Size in 2020, While China is Forecast to Grow at a 8.8% CAGR for the Period of 2020-2027
The Precious Metal Catalysts market in the U.S. is estimated at US$3.7 Billion in the year 2020. The country currently accounts for a 26.1% share in the global market.
China, the world second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$3.5 Billion in the year 2027 trailing a CAGR of 8.8% through 2027.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 5% and 6.1% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 5.6% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$3.5 Billion by the year 2027.
Ruthenium Segment Corners a 13.2% Share in 2020
In the global Ruthenium segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 4.9% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$1.5 Billion in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$2.1 Billion by the close of the analysis period.
China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$3.3 Billion by the year 2027, while Latin America will expand at a 6% CAGR through the analysis period.
What's New for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and key competitor percentage market shares
- Market presence across multiple geographies - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial
- Online interactive peer-to-peer collaborative bespoke updates
- Access to the publisher's digital archives and Research Platform
- Complimentary updates for one year
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of Covid-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- Year 2021 in Review and Near Term Outlook
- Impact on Precious Metal Catalysts
- COVID-19 Pandemic Shines Light on Pivotal Role of Platinum Group Metals in Fight against the Virus
- Russia-Ukraine Crisis Impacts the Market Balance
- Competitive Market Presence - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for 41 Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
- Precious Metal Catalysts: A Prelude
- Platinum Catalysts Dominate the Market
- Europe Leads Global Consumption
- China Emerges as a Lucrative Market
- HDD Norms to Revive Chinese Autocatalyst Demand
- Recent Market Activity
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS (Total 70 Featured)
- Alfa Aesar
- ALS Limited
- American Elements
- Arora Matthey Limited
- BASF SE
- Catalytic Products International
- Chimet S.p.A.
- Clariant International Ltd (Switzerland)
- Haldor Topsoe A/S
- Heraeus Holding GmbH
- Johnson Matthey Plc
- N.E. Chemcat Corporation
- Sabin Metal Corporation
- Shaanxi Kai Da Chemical Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Souvenier Chemicals
- Stanford Advanced Materials
- Takasago International Corporation
- Umicore Galvanotechnik GmbH
- Vineeth Precious Catalysts Pvt. Ltd.
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Growing Focus on Green Hydrogen to Stimulate Demand for Precious Metal Catalysts
- Automotive Industry Remains one of the Major Consumers of PGM Catalysts
- PGMs: Important Part of HDD Catalysts
- Power Train Mix Influences Demand for Platinum Catalysts
- Recap of COVID-19 Impact on the Automotive Industry in 2020
- Outlook for 2022 Remains Positive
- Semiconductor Chip Shortages & Its Induced Production Woes, a Downside Risk Aggravating Market Nervousness
- Tightening Regulatory Landscape Builds Robust Platform for Wider Proliferation of Precious Metal Catalysts
- Emission Norms for Light duty Vehicles: Implementation Timeline in Key Regional Markets
- Emission Norms for Heavy duty Vehicles: Implementation Timeline in Key Regional Markets
- Regulatory Scenario in Major Geographic Regions
- Technology Requirements for Lower HDD Engine Emissions (Euro IV - Euro VI)
- European Union Heavy Duty Diesel Vehicle Emission Standards
- Rising Demand for EVs Weighs Heavily on Platinum & Palladium
- Auto Industry Banks on Fuel Cells as a Sustainable Fuel Technology of the Future
- Transition Metal Nitrides Hold Potential to Augment the Application of Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Pressure on PGM Supply Brings Light on Recovery from Spent Automobile Catalysts
- Palladium Recovery from Spent Automobile Catalysts
- Platinum's Edge over Palladium
- Platinum Supply Demand Imbalance Alters Growth Pace
- COVID-19-Induced Supply Deficit Pushes Platinum Prices
- Factors Influencing Automobile Catalyst & Industrial Demand for Palladium
- Demand for Palladium Slows Down in 2020
- Palladium Vs Platinum: The Race Continues
- Manufacturers Prioritize Thrifting Approach for Reducing the Cost Impact of PGMs
- Pandemic Dishevels Rhodium Supply Situation and Spikes Price Volatility
- Emission Norms Spur the Autocatalyst Demand
- Despite Threat from CNG Buses, Diesel Engine-Powered Transit Buses Remain Lucrative for HDD Catalysts Market
- With Diesel Powered Buses Expected to Remain the Prominent Bus Types Globally, HDD Catalysts Market Poised to Benefit
- Widespread Use in Petrochemical Processes Augurs Well
- COVID-19 Curtails Market Momentum in Petrochemical Applications
- Global Oil Sector Yet to Achieve Full Recovery to Pre-COVID-19 Pandemic Level
- New Catalyst-based Approaches to Stimulate Pharmaceutical Innovations & Overcome Precious Metal Supply Issues
- Opportunity Indicators
- Key Challenges Faced by Precious Metal Re-Claimers Dealing with Catalysts
- Advanced Approaches to Overcome Availability Issues
- Innovations & Advancements Drive Growth
- Rise in Demand for Homogenous Catalysts to Boost Growth
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. REGIONAL MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6wgu2u