RUNNEMEDE, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Some of the most illustrious and sought-after comics of all time, including DC Detective Comics #27, Marvel Amazing Fantasy #15, Superman #1, Marvel X-Men #1 and Batman #1, among other ultra-rare comic books, have just hit the market in a single sale. Comics featuring the first appearances of the most iconic superheroes ever, including Batman, Spider-Man, X-Men and Wonder Woman are among the headliners of the May Elite sale at Goldin.
The rare comic book items up for sale include:
- 1939 DC Detective Comics #27 - CGC 6.5 (link and pictures)
- 1962 Marvel Amazing Fantasy #15 - CGC 8.0 (link and pictures)
- 1939 DC Superman #1 - CGC 2.0 (link and pictures)
- 1960 Original Cover Art for DC Showcase #24 by Gil Kane - Third Appearance of Green Lantern (link and pictures)
- 1940 DC Batman #1 - CGC 4.0 (link and pictures)
- 1963 Marvel X-Men #1 - CGC 8.5 (link and pictures)
- 1942 DC Wonder Woman #1 - CGC 5.0 (link and pictures)
- 1961 Original Art Page and Title Splash for D.C. Comics Green Lantern #6 by Gil Kane (link and pictures)
- 1984 Mirage Studios Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TMNT #1 First Print Promotional Copy Signed by Pete Laird and Kevin Eastman - CGC 9.8 (link and pictures)
“It’s rare to have even one of these amazing books featuring the first appearances of these culturally iconic heroes in a collection, let alone all of them,” said Goldin Executive Chairman and Founder Ken Goldin. “We are so honored to be able to showcase so many pillars of the comic world in one sale. When you add to that the one-of-a-kind original Gil Kane Green Lantern art, this auction is going to turn a lot of heads in the hobby.”
In addition to the marquee comic books and art, the May Elite Auction also features hundreds of pop-culture items that any collector will love. These include a 2013 Fleer Retro Marvel PMG Green #5 Spider-Man (#02/10) card; a near complete set of 1977 Topps Star Wars Cards with autographs of Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, and Harrison Ford; a set of 1998 Japanese Pokemon TCG Trophy Pikachu No #1, 2, and 3 Trainer cards; and many more.
The Goldin Elite Auction is a carefully curated sale of the rarest and most sought-after collectible items across sports, comic books, pop culture, movies, music and more. For the complete list of items, visit: https://goldin.co/buy. Featuring more than 700 items overall, the auction is predicted to smash industry records when it closes on May 21.
Goldin is the leading collectibles marketplace. Founder Ken Goldin has sold more than $1.5 billion in memorabilia from many of the biggest names in sports, history, and pop culture. The company routinely sets records for the most expensive trading cards and other memorabilia ever sold. Lifelong collectors and new hobbyists alike trust Goldin because the company professionally authenticates everything it sells. Goldin is the official auction partner of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association, The Jackie Robinson Foundation and the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum. Learn more at goldin.co, and on Twitter and Instagram.