EWING, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OxiClean™, the #1 versatile stain fighter brand (based on units sold), is proud to partner with celebrity wardrobe stylist Maeve Reilly as she shares her tips to keep your wardrobe looking fresh inspired by this season’s hottest trends.
“A season change is the perfect time to update your closet and spend time reviewing what you want to keep and think about what still feels on-trend,” says celebrity wardrobe stylist Maeve Reilly. “Fashion is important to me, but it doesn’t have to always come at a high cost. Thrifting or purchasing secondhand clothes is a great option to build your wardrobe with quality staples, pieces you instantly love, though they may need some TLC.”
Maeve’s “Closet Refresh” tips inspired by this season’s hottest trends:
- Prep & Sort: Start off by pulling clothes out of the closet and sorting into three piles: Keep, Upcycle, and Donate. Preparing in this way helps figure out, from classic to trendy, which pieces every person should have in their closet.
- White Button Down: A timeless piece that never goes out of style, but over time can become dingy. Pre-soak in OxiClean™ White Revive™ laundry booster, a white shirt’s great friend to help keep it looking like new. (Button-down shirts may not be your thing, OxiClean™ White Revive laundry booster also does the job on white tees – and everyone loves a white t-shirt.)
- Vintage Tees: These worn-in “go-to” shirts only get better with time. Don’t let stains keep you from buying these from your favorite thrift store. Try OxiClean™ Max Force™ Spray to help get tough everyday stains out. You can literally spray it and forget it for up to a week until you are ready to wash. I love this stain remover because I know my clothes will soon look fresh and like-new.
- Hand-Me-Downs: Nothing gets me more excited than wearing a piece that has sentimental value. But often, those hidden gems have been stored away and can smell old and stale. To help remove smells from your clothes, use OxiClean™ Odor Blasters™ Powder or Liquid. It gets rid of those odors and leaves your clothes smelling clean and fresh.
- Classic Denim Jacket: Everyone has that once-loved jean jacket that now has a grass stain from your last outdoor concert (pre-COVID!). Rather than throwing it away, use OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover to tackle the stain. Your wallet and the landfill will thank you too!
To drive awareness of the emerging thrifting trend and giving new life to clothes, OxiClean™ is partnering with Swap Society, an online clothing swap for women and kids that makes it easy and affordable to trade the clothes you’ve fallen out of love with for new ones that you want to wear now. Their goal is to make sustainable fashion accessible to all and make refreshing your wardrobe easier than ever. Thrifting is a growing trend. According to the Global Data Consumer Survey, 33 million consumers bought secondhand apparel for the first time during the pandemic. Of those first-time buyers, 76% plan to increase their spend on secondhand apparel in the next five years.
“We are beyond thrilled to be partnering with Maeve Reilly and Swap Society to bring awareness to upcycling,” says Robyn Safran, Director of Marketing for OxiClean™. “As so many of us head back into the office and resume social activities, now is the perfect time to refresh your closet. OxiClean™ products make it easy and cost-effective to preserve and maintain your wardrobe longer -- to help your clothes look like new, whether reviving existing staples in your closet or refreshing second-hand purchased items.”
For more information on Swap Society, visit their website. As part of the partnership with OxiClean™, Swap Society is offering a 15% discount for new members (promo code is OXICLEAN).
For more information on OxiClean™, visit their website.
Church & Dwight Co., Inc., the maker of OxiClean™ products and ARM & HAMMER™ laundry detergent, has focused on manufacturing and marketing a wide range of household, personal care, and specialty products, and developing initiatives focused on quality and affordability that directly benefit consumers and their local communities. www.OxiClean.com