NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--fuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO), the leading sports-first live TV streaming platform, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multi-platform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the XXIV Olympic Winter Games from Beijing, China, which take place from February 2-20, 2022. fuboTV’s subscribers will have access to NBCUniversal’s Winter Olympics-record 2,800+ hours of Olympic programming, including coverage of all competition sessions, live and on-demand.
In addition to enjoying extensive linear coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, USA Network, and CNBC, subscribers can stay connected to the Olympic Winter Games wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, via authentication, which will stream more than 2,100 hours of Winter Olympics coverage.
The following multi-platform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow fuboTV subscribers to watch and be a part of the Winter Olympics through their televisions, PCs, mobile and tablet apps, and connected TVs.
NBCUniversal’s Winter Olympics Experience Available to fuboTV Customers Includes:
- Linear Networks: The NBC broadcast will televise nearly 200 hours of coverage, including 18 nights in primetime. The primetime presentation will again be televised live across the country, featuring all the Games’ most high-profile sports, including figure skating, alpine skiing, snowboarding, short track, speed skating, and more. USA Network, the platform that now hosts many of NBC Sports’ most high-profile events, will be the cable home of the Winter Olympics, televising nearly 400 hours across 19 days and nights. CNBC, NBCU’s widely distributed business channel, will present roughly 80 hours of Winter Olympics’ coverage, mostly in the evenings when the network’s traditional business coverage has finished for the day.
- NBCOlympics.com and NBC Sports app: NBC Sports Digital will stream more than 2,100 hours of the Winter Olympics, a record for a Winter Olympics, on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, via authentication, live streaming of all events and competition across desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs for authenticated users; TV simul-stream coverage of the three television networks broadcasting the Games; and enhanced viewing experiences for select sports.
- NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app will once again feature event rewinds and extensive video highlights. fuboTV customers can watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge.
- In-Games On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and select full-event replays available via fuboTV and TV Everywhere platforms. Approximately 30 highlight clips per day, including key event recaps, highlights, viral moments, and more. Approximately five full-event replays per day, featuring curling, hockey, and select other sports.
- Pre-Games On Demand: Available now and continuing through the Winter Olympics, viewers can access more than 60 pre-Games clips in HD via fuboTV, including highlights from select U.S. Olympic Team Trials, athlete features, and more.
- In-Games: In addition to live streaming, NBCOlympics.com will provide the ultimate Olympic web experience, with access to live streams of practices and an active news desk that will regularly publish Olympic updates throughout each day. NBCOlympics.com will once again be the home for results, schedules, medal counts, athlete profile pages, and more.
- 4K HDR: fuboTV will present 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) coverage of the Olympic Games provided by NBCUniversal to its customers in select markets. NBCUniversal will once again provide live coverage of the NBC broadcast network’s Olympics primetime show in certain markets in the 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) format with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and ATMOS sound. Coverage will include live 4K HDR footage from the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, and all primetime events. NBC primetime 4K coverage will also be made available via a next day re-air.
With a mission to provide the world’s most thrilling sports-first live TV experience through the greatest breadth of premium content, interactivity and integrated wagering, fuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) is focused on bringing to life its vision of a streaming platform that transcends the industry’s current virtual MVPD model. fuboTV Inc. operates in the U.S., Canada, Spain and, through its acquisition of Molotov, in France.
Leveraging its proprietary data and technology platform optimized for live TV and sports viewership, fuboTV Inc. aims to turn passive viewers into active participants and define a new category of interactive sports and entertainment television. The company's cable TV replacement product, fuboTV, offers subscribers more than 100 live sports, news and entertainment networks and is the only live TV streaming platform with every Nielsen-rated sports channel (source: Nielsen Total Viewers, 2021). Subscribers can interact with fuboTV’s live streaming experience through predictive free-to-play games, which are integrated into select sports content.
Fubo Gaming Inc., a subsidiary of fuboTV Inc., launched Fubo Sportsbook, a next-generation mobile sportsbook purpose-built to integrate with fuboTV, in 2021.
About NBC Sports
NBC Sports connects people to the moments that matter most and serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company presents premier content across linear platforms NBC, USA Network, Golf Channel, and Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, as well as numerous digital sites, including Peacock. It also consists of NBC Sports Next, a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within its three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports, Golf, and Betting & Gaming. NBC Sports possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the NFL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, Roland-Garros, and many more.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements of fuboTV Inc. (“fuboTV”) that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. All statements contained in this press release that do not relate to matters of historical fact are forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding our partnerships and business strategy and plans. The words “could,” “will,” “plan,” “intend,” “anticipate,” “approximate,” “expect,” “potential,” “believe” or the negative of these terms or other similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. Actual results or events could differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations disclosed in the forward-looking statements that fuboTV makes due to a number of important factors, including but not limited to risks related to our pursuit and engagement in acquisitions; our actual operating results may differ significantly from our guidance; risks related to fuboTV’s access to capital and fundraising prospects to fund its ongoing operations and support its planned growth; the restrictions imposed by content providers on our distribution and marketing of our products and services; our reliance on third party platforms to operate certain aspects of our business; risks related to our technology, as well as cybersecurity and data privacy-related risks; our ability to achieve or maintain profitability; our revenue and gross profit are subject to seasonality; our operating results may fluctuate; our ability to attract and retain subscribers; we may not be able to license streaming content or other rights on acceptable terms; risks related to our ability to capitalize develop and market a sports wagering offering and the regulatory regime and related risks associated with such offering; risks related to the difficulty in measuring key metrics related to our business; risks related to the highly competitive nature of our industry; risks related to ongoing or future legal proceedings; and other risks, including the effects of industry, market, economic, political or regulatory conditions, future exchange and interest rates, and changes in tax and other laws, regulations, rates and policies, including the impact of COVID-19 on the broader market. Further risks that could cause actual results to differ materially from those matters expressed in or implied by such forward-looking statements are discussed in our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarterly period ended September 30, 2021 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) on November 10, 2021 and our other periodic filings with the SEC. We encourage you to read such risks in detail. The forward-looking statements in this press release represent fuboTV’s views as of the date of this press release. fuboTV anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause its views to change. However, while it may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, it specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. You should, therefore, not rely on these forward-looking statements as representing fuboTV’s views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.