DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Plaque Psoriasis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2030" GlobalData report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Psoriasis is an incurable, chronic and systemic inflammatory skin disorder with a prevalence of 2-3% worldwide. The exact causes of psoriasis is unknown, although it is believed that environmental factors, skin barrier disruptions, and immune dysfunctions are key components that induce the development of psoriasis. The most common form of psoriasis is plaque psoriasis (psoriasis vulgaris), which is the focus of this report.
The plaque psoriasis (PsO) market is currently at an important commercial juncture. The field has been dominated over the last twenty years by injectable biologics, with more innovative and efficacious therapies launching in the last five years. However, the market is expected to evolve significantly over the next 10 years as several key patents expire and drug manufacturers move away from injectable biologics and towards novel mechanisms of action.
- Johnson & Johnson (J&J)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- UCB Pharma
- Eli Lilly
- Sun Pharma
- Arcutis Biotherapeutics
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- Can-Fite BioPharma
- The greatest drivers of growth in the global PsO market include the launch of eight new pipeline therapies during the forecast period and a steadily climbing diagnosed prevalence in many 7MM countries.
- The main barriers to growth in the PsO market include the patent expiration of several key biologics and small molecules.
- Among the late-stage innovator pipeline products, three are injectable biologics, three are oral small molecules, and two are topical small molecules.
- The most important unmet needs in the PsO market are increased access to therapies as well as therapies that can target the multiple disease domains.
Key Questions Answered
- Which unmet needs are limiting the treatment of PsO in the 7MM?
- What strategies can the pharmaceutical industry employ to increase treatment rates for PsO? How should these strategies differ across different geographical markets?
- What effect will the launch of biosimilars and generics have on the sales of branded agents? What can drug manufacturers do in order to ensure the success of their biosimilars?
- What are the main R&D trends in the PsO market and which companies are leading the way? Are there major differences in the mechanisms of action used by therapies in late-stage versus early-stage clinical development?
- Overview of PsO including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Topline PsO market revenue, annual cost of therapy, and major pipeline product sales in the forecast period.
- Key topics covered include current treatment and pipeline therapies, unmet needs and opportunities, and the drivers and barriers affecting PsO therapeutics sales in the 7MM.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global PsO therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies, using a detailed overview of current pipeline products and technologies to identify companies with the most robust pipelines.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PsO therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global PsO market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global PsO therapeutics market from 2020-2030.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Plaque Psoriasis: Executive Summary
3 Disease Overview
4.1 Disease Background
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities
4.3 Global and Historical Trends
4.4 Forecast Methodology
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast for PsO (2020-2030)
5 Disease Management
6 Competitive Assessment
7 Unmet Needs and Opportunity Assessment
7.2 Cost-Effective Therapies
7.3 Efficacious Therapies for Treatment Refractory Patients
7.4 Lack of Innovative Topical Therapies
7.5 Treatment Options for Mild PsO Patients
8 R&D Strategies
8.2 Clinical Trials Design
9 Pipeline Assessment
9.2 Promising Drugs in Clinical Development
9.3 Other Drugs of Note
10 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
10.2 Competitive Assessment
11 Current and Future Players
11.2 Deal-Making Trends
12 Market Outlook
12.1 Global Markets
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/14cxpu