DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "External Defibrillators Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product (Manual External Defibrillators, Automated External Defibrillators, Wearable Cardioverter Defibrillators), by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2022-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global external defibrillators market size is anticipated to reach USD 6.5 billion by 2030. The market is expected to expand at a notable CAGR of 9.3% from 2022 to 2030.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
- ZOLL Medical Corporation
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Schiller AG
- MS Westfalia GmbH
- AMI Italia
- Bexen Cardio
- Silverline Meditech Pvt. Ltd.
- Mediana Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics
- CU Medical Germany GmbH
- BPL Medical Technologies
The key factors driving the market growth include rising technological advancements, initiatives for promoting public access AEDs, and the incidence of sudden cardiac arrest. The COVID-19 pandemic increased awareness about defibrillation training and the use of external defibrillators in case of an adverse cardiac event, thus increasing demand for defibrillators. The pandemic also resulted in logistical bottlenecks and operational challenges.
According to the study published in Elsevier, Inc., the number of out-of-hospital cardiac arrests occurring in Paris and its suburbs almost doubled amid the pandemic, from March 16 to April 26, 2020. Such factors are expected to boost sales of external defibrillators. In addition, the International Liaison Committee on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (ILCOR) changed the resuscitation guidelines. The new rules suggested improving defibrillation delivery by providing training to healthcare workers, which can reduce confusion as well as the delay in COVID-19 resuscitation efforts. The training would also ensure that healthcare providers are not exposed to additional risks and patients suffering from tachyarrhythmia arrests can be provided the best chance of survival.
Increasing prevalence of the cardiovascular disease is a major driver for market growth. According to the WHO, in 2019, 17.9 million deaths occurred due to cardiovascular disease, which was estimated around 32% globally. Moreover, more than 75% of deaths occurred in middle- & low-income countries. According to American Heart Association, 390,000 sudden cardiac arrests were reported in 2018. Out of these, 65% of deaths occurred in people aged 75 & above, 6% deaths in the age group of 25 to 54 years, and 29% in the age group of 55 to 74 years. Owing to these factors, the demand for external defibrillators is anticipated to increase over the forecast period.
External Defibrillators Market Report Highlights
- The market was valued at USD 2.9 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period
- The manual external defibrillators segment held the largest revenue share of the market in 2021
- The end-use segment, on the other hand, was dominated by hospitals as these register the highest patient volume thus requiring defibrillators as part of their cardiology units
- North America dominated the market in 2021 due to the presence of key players and growing strategic initiatives deployed by these companies
- Obesity and hypertension are also risk factors for SCA. Obesity continues to be a significant public health crisis. According to a study published online in Pediatrics, obesity rates among children significantly increased during the first few months of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Around 80.0% of sudden cardiac deaths are linked to coronary heart disease. It is the most common type of heart disease, and as per CDC, approximately 18.2 million adults aged 20 and older suffer from this disease. Thus, AEDs are important because they increase the chance of survival. They can restore a normal heart rhythm in sudden cardiac arrest victims
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Research Methodology & Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 External Defibrillators Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.1.1 Parent market outlook
3.1.2 Ancillary market outlook
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Technology Timeline
3.4 External Defibrillators Market Dynamics
3.4.1 Market driver analysis
188.8.131.52 Technological advancements
184.108.40.206 Growing government initiatives for installation of AEDs at public places
220.127.116.11 Increasing incidence rate of SCA
3.4.2 Market restraint analysis
18.104.22.168 Lack of awareness
22.214.171.124 Product Recalls
3.5 External Defibrillators Market Analysis Tools
3.6 List of Distributors
3.7 List of Public Access Defibrillation Program
Chapter 4 COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Chapter 5 External Defibrillators Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 External Defibrillators Market: End-use Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 7 External Defibrillators Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, By Product, and End-use
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
Chapter 9 Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ixqxws