DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Chemiluminescence Immunoassay Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product (Consumables, Instruments, Software & Services), by Application, by End-use, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2021-2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global chemiluminescence immunoassay market size is expected to reach USD 13.75 billion by 2028 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.9% from 2021 to 2028
The high prevalence of chronic diseases, several advantages of chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA) technique, and approval and launch of novel CLIA solutions are anticipated to be the major factors driving the market.
Key players in the market are implementing organic and inorganic growth strategies for the development, launch, and distribution of novel CLIA solutions. For instance, in February 2020, Snibe Diagnostic, a China-based immunoassay manufacturer, received CE marking for its new MAGLUMI 2019-nCoV (SARS-CoV-2) IgM/IgG CLIA kits.
In another instance, in January 2018, DiaSorin partnered with Germany-based Qiagen and added Qiagen's QuantiFERON-TB diagnostic test portfolio to its LIAISON family of fully automated chemiluminescence immunoassay analyzers. Such initiatives by major players are anticipated to significantly support the market growth. However, the high setup cost of automated chemiluminescence immunoassay systems is expected to be a major factor hindering the market growth.
Furthermore, the high prevalence of chronic diseases in key regions and increasing awareness regarding these diseases in emerging economies are anticipated to upsurge the demand for novel diagnostic solutions, including chemiluminescence immunoassay.
According to the data published by the American Cancer Society, in 2020, an estimated 1.8 million new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the U.S. and around 606,520 people died due to the disease. In addition, as per the data published by the WHO in November 2020, HIV emerged as a major global public health issue and around 37.9 million people around the globe were living with the disease.
Chemiluminescence Immunoassay Market Report Highlights
- Based on product, consumables dominated the market in 2020 owing to their high demand in therapeutic drug monitoring, endocrinology, and disease diagnosis
- In terms of application, the infectious disease segment held the largest share in 2020 owing to the high prevalence of such diseases and the launch of novel CLIA assays for infectious disease diagnosis
- By end use, in 2020, the hospitals segment accounted for the largest share in 2020 owing to the increasing hospitalizations, along with the rising prevalence of chronic diseases
- In North America, the U.S. held the largest share in 2020 owing to the developed healthcare infrastructure, the high adoption of technologically advanced CLIA systems, and the strong geographical presence of prominent players
- Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. The emergence of local players in developing markets, such as India and China, is primarily driving the regional market
Market driver analysis
- Introduction of novel technologies
- Rising incidence of chronic diseases
- Increasing strategic initiatives by market players
- Several advantages of CLIA over other techniques
Market Restraint Analysis
- High cost and technical limitations of CLIA
- Stringent regulatory scenario
Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA) Market Analysis Tools
- Industry analysis - Porter's
- PESTEL Analysis
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA) Market
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Immunodiagnostic Systems
- Siemens Healthineers
- Beckman Coulter Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Inova Diagnostics, Inc.
- Maccura Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mj5uqj