DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Global Markets for Infectious Disease Treatments" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global market for infectious diseases (treatment, vaccines and diagnostics) in 2021, was valued at $72 Billion, and is expected to grow to $106.3 Billion by 2026, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
The Americas are the largest market, followed by Europe, throughout the forecast period. Higher cost of treatment accounts for the larger market values in these two markets, even though the number of cases might be lower than other parts of the world. The other markets are also growing, which can be attributed to growing prevalence and increasing awareness coupled with WHO interventions.
Among vaccines, influenza vaccines have the highest market value market with growth in the next few years being driven by conversion to quadrivalent vaccines and immunization of the elderly population. The influenza market is also highly influenced by the COVID-19 pandemic, due to which the sales have gone up. Government intervention has led to increased vaccination during the pandemic period of 2020 and thus contributed to market revenues. In terms of growth, vaccines for Zika and Dengue have high growth potential. Markets for vaccines for conditions such as viral hemorrhagic fevers depend on the severity and occurrence of the next outbreak and the decision of health authorities to incorporate immunization against the disease in its national programs. The vaccine market for respiratory syncytial virus is also expected to grow at high CAGR because of the expected launch of Nirsevimab by AstraZeneca/Sanofi in 2023.
For diagnostics, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and hepatitis C are some of the high-value markets, due to high disease burden as well as the need for clinically confirmed diagnosis. Detection kits for RSV, herpes and influenza are under-utilized in developing economies as the clinician can diagnose these, based on clinical findings, to a certain accuracy. Thus, unless the cost of diagnostic kits is lowered, diagnosis of disease will be a combination of a clinician's observation of the symptoms and recommendation of a diagnostic test. Resistance to current standards of therapy is a major issue and newer detection kits also feature assays to identify that.
The report Includes
- An updated review of the global markets for infectious disease treatments in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019-2020, estimates for 2021, and projections of CAGRs through 2026
- Evaluation and forecast the overall market size in dollar value terms, and corresponding market share analysis by disease type and geographic region
- Highlights of the market potential for infectious disease treatments, opportunities and gaps estimating current and future demand; and impact of COVID-19 on the progress of this market
- Emphasis on newer drugs and innovations in chemical compounds, vaccines and biologicals and diagnostic kits, recently launched or in development
- Discussion of the increasing concerns regarding antibiotic-resistant organisms and their sometimes-fatal effects on humans
- Technology assessment of the current state of infectious diseases on a global basis, broken down by type of disease (i.e., bacterial, viral, parasitic, and fungal) and appropriate treatments, both current and anticipated
- Insight into the competitive landscape featuring key mergers and acquisitions (M&A), collaboration agreements, and company revenue share analysis across the global infectious diseases market
- Review of key patent grants and new technologies with relation to innovations in infectious disease treatments
- Company profiles of the leading industry participants including Abbott, AbbVie, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis, and Roche
Key Topics Covered:
Impact of COVID-19
Markets and Forecast
- Global Market for Infectious Disease Treatments by Region
- Global Market for Infectious Disease Therapeutics by Disease Type
- Global Market for Infectious Disease Vaccines by Disease Type
- Global Market for Infectious Disease Diagnostics by Disease Type
- Global Infectious Diseases
- Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- Herpes Simplex Virus
- Influenza-A and B
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers
Research and Development
Next-Generation Predictive Tools
- Why Do We Need Forecast Tools?
- Tools in Infectious Disease Modeling
- Mobile Apps in Infectious Disease Modeling
- Current Limitations in Infectious Disease Modeling
- Mergers and Acquisitions and Collaborations
- Market Share of Infectious Disease Market
- Market for Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- Market Shares of HIV/AIDS Therapeutics
- Market Shares of Influenza Vaccines
- Market Shares of Rotavirus Vaccines
- Abbvie Inc.
- Astrazeneca Pharmaceuticals
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
- Diasorin S.P.A.
- Gilead Sciences Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co, Inc.
- Novartis Ag
- Orasure Technologies Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
- Seqirus, A Csl Co.
- Siemens Healthineers
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dafkzw
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.