DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "The Data Centre Dilemma - Data Centre Power & Sustainability Report 2021" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The report highlights the implications of the increase of Data Centre Power in twenty key Metro city markets in Europe and Asia and how Data Centres are aiming to become more sustainable.
The report considers the new and fast changing requirements for Data Centre sustainability including the increased demand for renewable energy, the impact of new technology and the changing regulatory environment that is set to challenge the Data Centre Provider's expansion.
The Data Centre Dilemma also provides a forecast for the growth in Data Centre power in twenty key city Metro Markets in the EMEA and the Asia Pacific regions - and finds that there will be an increase of over 61 percent overall in power for the four-year period from the end of 2021 to the end of 2025 - this is despite the constraints on new developments that are being imposed by some municipalities.
Despite planning constraints, the survey forecasts that at least four Data Centre Metro Markets are to have up to or more than 1,000 MW of power by the end of the forecast period - including Dublin, Beijing, Amsterdam and Singapore.
The growth in power is to come from dedicated Hyperscale Data Centres including Amazon, Google & Microsoft as well as from the third-party colocation provider and Build to Suit Data Centre facilities.
In response Data Centre Providers are investing in renewable power sources and are seeking to reduce carbon emissions down to a net zero position - however to-date the reduction in carbon emissions is contingent on the re-use of surplus heat from the Data Centre facility to the municipal heating network.
Finally, the Data Centre Dilemma report considers the constraints that are being placed on Data Centre development by municipalities and Governments. In some Metro Markets, the size of the Data Centre sector has imposed unique strains on power infrastructure - with the Dublin Data Centre segment in particular forecast to account for up to 27 percent of total power demand in Ireland.
To combat the impact of the Data Centre on power infrastructure the report finds that Data Centres will need to adopt the following measures:
- Use renewable energy
- Deploy new technology to optimise power & cooling
- Deploy high density applications in cold climates
- Invest directly in renewable power infrastructure
Use green bonds & financing to invest in more efficient Data Centre facilities as part of an ESG strategy
Key Topics Covered:
The Data Centre Dilemma: rising power requirements & the quest for sustainability
- Data Centre & power requirements
- The competing uses for power
- The balance between power supply & power demands
- The importance of Data Centre power
- The impact of Data Centre power requirements on future Data Centres
Section 1 - The increase in Data Centre requirements & the impact on power infrastructure
- The increase in Data Centre power usage - real & perceived
- Power usage within the Data Centre facility
- The impact of Data Centre power usage on the power grid
- The growth in renewable power
- The impact of power sustainability
Section 2 - Examples of the impact of Data Centres on power infrastructure
Examples of Data Centres in selected city Metro & power infrastructure
Section 3 - Data Centres and power sustainability & renewable power
- The key elements of power sustainability
- The adoption of renewable power worldwide
- Data Centre Providers & the use of sustainability
- Data Centre Providers & the use of renewable power
- The perception of Data Centres power usage worldwide
- How should Data Centre Providers respond to the power challenge?
Section 4 - The trends & forecasts for the Data Centre Dilemma: Rising power requirements & the quest for sustainability
- The increase in Data Centre power needs - a forecast by key Metro markets
- The competition between Data Centre power needs and other requirements
- The growth in Data Centre sustainability - how achievable
- The key trends for new Data Centre developments
- Aligned Energy
- AirTrunk Data Centres
- atNorth Data Centre
- BDx Data Centre
- Caransa Group
- ChinData Group
- Conapto Data Centre
- Data4 Group
- Digital Reality
- GDS Data Centres
- Global DC (NTT)
- GTR DC
- IDC Data Center
- Iron MountainK2 DC
- Jaguar Communications
- Keppel Data Centers
- Mapletree Trust
- MCDigital Realty
- Merlin Properties
- Mitsui Fund
- Next DC
- QTS Data Centers
- Sify Technology Space DC
- 21viaNet Data Centers
- Stack Infrastructure
- ST Telemedia IDC
- Telehouse Europe
- Thesee Data Center
- Yotta Infrastructure
- Vantage DC
- Virtus Data Centres
- Yondr Group
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wnmv2v
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.