DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "ID Technologies Market - Forecasts from 2021 to 2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The ID technologies market was valued at US$61.211 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 11.48% over the forecast period to reach a market size of US$130.981 billion by 2026.
- Technologies Plus
- ID Technology (Promach)
- Thales Group
- Agilent Technologies
- ImageWare Systems
- Precise Biometrics
- S.I.C. Biometrics
ID technology or identification technology includes smart cards, voice recognition, face recognition, biometrics, and barcodes among other techniques used to identify objects and individuals. Growing concern about data security and safety is driving the demand for ID technologies across a variety of industries.
Travel and tourism industries are booming globally, so national security uses of biometric technologies are on the rise, positively impacting the market growth of ID technologies. Emerging economies such as India are increasingly deploying centralized electronic identification systems, increasing the market's growth. Increased cyber-attack sophistication, cloud adoption, BYOD (Bring your own device) policies adopted by various organizations, and government compliance are the factors driving the ID technology market to grow.
Innovative ID technology is a top priority for many large multinationals For instance, IBM Corporation partnered with Imprivata, an IT security company, to launch a cloud-based identity and access management solution designed to help their customers manage provisioning tracking and de-provisioning of their hybrid cloud and on-premise environments.
Further, governments worldwide focus on creating stringent regulations to curb identity theft and work to secure legal identity for a global population. ID4D is an initiative of the United Nations and the World Bank aiming to provide everyone on earth with a legal identity by 2030. (Source: United Nations)
- Growing number of identity thefts and frauds
- Adoption of Blockchain Technology
- Increase in use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning
- Lack of identity standards and budgetary constraints:
COVID-19 Impact on ID Technologies Market
Numerous businesses have increased their identification verification efforts due to the pandemic of COVID-19. Since COVID-19 went into effect, 72% of online marketplaces have increased their adoption of ID verification technology. In addition, more than half of the financial services organizations have promoted the adoption. Consumers have been forced to use digital services for the first time due to lockdown restrictions, and the rapid adoption of identity verification shows how important it is to protect them.
- Digital identity verification is becoming increasingly important, as companies and governments take advantage of online services. In order to control financial crime, regulatory authorities are increasing their demands on businesses to comply with KYC and AML requirements. FATF (Financial Action Task Force) expanded the scope of reporting entities and recommended that member countries obligate legal professionals.
- As part of the AML5 Directive (AML5), the European Union reduced the threshold for identity verification for prepaid cards from EUR 250 to EUR 150. The directive was implemented by all member states in January 2020. AML5 regulations aim at transforming KYC processes to comply with AML and eIDAS standards and procedures and establish guidelines for verifying customers at a high-security level.
- LoginID Inc. and Ipsidy Inc. created a partnership that provides new tools to fight fraud in online activities in September 2020. As a result of the integration between Ipsidy's biometric identity verification platform and LoginID's FIDO as a Service platform, the companies will provide enhanced security and level of identity trust for users requiring FIDO2 authentication and login.
- In order to differentiate itself from its competitors, Metal Pay, a peer-to-peer payments company that allows users to buy, sell, trade, and send crypto using crypto trading pairs or fiat money, wanted to offer an account opening process that is both quick and seamless. Identity verification during account opening became a critical element of minimizing risk and eliminating fraud at the company since it had to meet strict AML and KYC practices.
- Jumio released its video verification solution with face biometrics in October 2020 for businesses in regulated industries to onboard new customers. Jumio Video Verification was designed specifically for businesses within the financial sector, such as banking, fintech firms, cryptocurrency exchanges, and digital wallets.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Restraints
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.3. The Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry in the Function
4.4. Function Value Chain Analysis
5. ID Technologies Market Analysis, By Technology
6. ID Technologies Market Analysis, By Components
7. ID Technologies Market Analysis, By Application
8. ID Technologies Market Analysis, By End-User Industry
9. ID Technologies Market Analysis, By Geography
10. Competitive Environment and Analysis
10.1. Major Players and Strategy Analysis
10.2. Emerging Players and Market Lucrativeness
10.3. Mergers, Acquisitions, Agreements, and Collaborations
10.4. Vendor Competitiveness Matrix
11. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/fk7fu0