NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) assigns preliminary ratings to six classes of mortgage pass-through certificates from SG Residential Mortgage Trust 2021-2 (SGR 2021-2), a $229.4 million non-prime RMBS transaction comprising 376 residential mortgages, is characterized by moderate borrower leverage and a notable concentration of alternative income documentation. The mortgage loans were underwritten using 12-Month Bank Statements (56.0%), Asset Utilization (3.5%), DSCR (29.7%) or Investor No Ratio (2.6%) or Full Documentation (8.1%). With respect to the Ability-to-Repay/Qualified Mortgage (ATR/QM) rule, approximately 66.2% of the loans were categorized as non-qualified mortgages (Non-QM). The remaining loans (33.8%) exempt from the ATR/QM rule due to being originated for business purposes (i.e., investment properties).
KBRA’s rating approach incorporated loan-level analysis of the mortgage pool through its RMBS Credit Model, an examination of the results from third-party loan file due diligence performed at the time of origination of the loans, cash flow modeling analysis of the transaction’s payment structure, reviews of key transaction parties and an assessment of the transaction’s legal structure and documentation. This analysis is further described in our U.S. RMBS Rating Methodology.
- SGR 2021-2 Tear Sheet
- RMBS KBRA Comparative Analytic Tool (KCAT)
- U.S. RMBS Rating Methodology
- U.S. RMBS Mortgage Default and Loss Model Methodology
- Global Structured Finance Counterparty Methodology
- ESG Methodology
Further information on key credit considerations, sensitivity analyses that consider what factors can affect these credit ratings and how they could lead to an upgrade or a downgrade, and ESG factors (where they are a key driver behind the change to the credit rating or rating outlook) can be found in the full rating report referenced above.
A description of all substantially material sources that were used to prepare the credit rating and information on the methodology(ies) (inclusive of any material models and sensitivity analyses of the relevant key rating assumptions, as applicable) used in determining the credit rating is available in the Information Disclosure Form(s) located here.
Information on the meaning of each rating category can be located here.
Further disclosures relating to this rating action are available in the Information Disclosure Form(s) referenced above. Additional information regarding KBRA policies, methodologies, rating scales and disclosures are available at www.kbra.com.
Kroll Bond Rating Agency, LLC (KBRA) is a full-service credit rating agency registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an NRSRO. Kroll Bond Rating Agency Europe Limited is registered as a CRA with the European Securities and Markets Authority. Kroll Bond Rating Agency UK Limited is registered as a CRA with the UK Financial Conduct Authority pursuant to the Temporary Registration Regime. In addition, KBRA is designated as a designated rating organization by the Ontario Securities Commission for issuers of asset-backed securities to file a short form prospectus or shelf prospectus. KBRA is also recognized by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners as a Credit Rating Provider.