DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "ROADM WSS Component - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global ROADM WSS Component Market to Reach $1.3 Billion by 2027
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for ROADM WSS Component estimated at US$630.4 Million in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$1.3 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 11.1% over the analysis period 2020-2027.
Blocker-based, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to record a 10.4% CAGR and reach US$503.6 Million by the end of the analysis period. After an early analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Wavelength Selective Switches (WSS) segment is readjusted to a revised 12.2% CAGR for the next 7-year period.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $178.5 Million, While China is Forecast to Grow at 12.3% CAGR
The ROADM WSS Component market in the U.S. is estimated at US$178.5 Million in the year 2020. China, the world's second largest economy, is forecast to reach a projected market size of US$263.5 Million by the year 2027 trailing a CAGR of 12.3% over the analysis period 2020 to 2027.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 8.9% and 9.6% respectively over the 2020-2027 period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 10.8% CAGR.
PLC-based Segment to Record 10.8% CAGR
In the global PLC-based segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive the 10.7% CAGR estimated for this segment. These regional markets accounting for a combined market size of US$97.9 Million in the year 2020 will reach a projected size of US$198.8 Million by the close of the analysis period.
China will remain among the fastest growing in this cluster of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India, and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is forecast to reach US$178.1 Million by the year 2027.
Select Competitors (Total 26 Featured)
- AC Photonics, Inc.
- ADVA Optical Networking SE
- Agiltron, Inc.
- Ciena Corporation
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Corning Incorporated
- Enablence Technologies, Inc.
- Finisar Corporation
- Fujitsu Limited
- II-VI Inc.
- Infinera Corporation
- Lumentum Operations LLC
- PacketLight Networks, Ltd.
Key Topics Covered
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Impact of COVID-19 and a Looming Global Recession
- Disruptions in the Communications Industry
- IT & Telecom Plays Critical Role in COVID-19 Crisis Management
- Growing Focus on Connectivity Spells Bright Long-term Future for the IT & Telecom Sector: ROADM WSS Component to Witness Healthy Growth
- Pandemic Crisis Weakens Economic Environment, Triggering Negative Tide in GDP
- An Introduction to Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexers (ROADMs)
- Wavelength Selective Switches (WSS): Vital Active Elements of ROADM
- Select Technologies for ROADM Subsystems
- WSS-based ROADM Architectures
- Unique Advantages of ROADM WSS Components
- Packet-Optical Transport Systems - An Overview
- Factors Promoting Network Upgrade
- Burgeoning Adoption to Ensure Seamless Communication Augments Growth of ROADM WSS Component Market
- Recent Market Activity
- WSS Segment to Exhibit Fastest Growth
- Key Factors Aiding Expansion of Internet Data Center Market: Ranked by Importance Attached by Enterprises
- Communication Sector Remains Primary End-User
- While Developed Regions Remain Major Revenue Contributors, Developing Regions Emerge as Fast Growing Markets
- Competitive Scenario
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Spiraling Demand and Unique Advantages Fuel Demand for ROADM WSS Components
- ROADM Brings Enormous Changes to Optical Fiber Networks for Enhanced Data Flows
- From WDM to ROADM
- Next-Generation ROADMs
- Rise in Global IP Traffic Entails Network Upgrade - Offers Growth Prospects for ROADM WSS Components
- Entertainment Services and Enterprise Mobility Contribute to High Growth in Data Traffic
- Cloud Computing Via Mobile Devices Drives Demand for Advanced Network Technologies and Higher Bandwidth
- The Need for High Bandwidth Offers Prospects for ROADM and WSS Components
- Robust Growth for ROADM Suggests Opportunities for ROADM WSS Components
- 3D WSS ROADM Devices Reduce cost for Branches in Submarine Networks
- Optical Switching Witnesses Renaissance of OXCs
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
- Total Companies Profiled: 26
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7m46wy