Data Centre Mediterranean report surveys the key Data Centre markets in nineteen (19) countries around the Mediterranean region.
For each Mediterranean country, the report provides a summary of the Data Centre Providers and facilities by space and power, with profiles of the key providers and a forecast for Data Centre space, power, pricing & revenues from 2021 to 2025.
About the Mediterranean Region
The Mediterranean region has a population of around 500 million, served by just under 500 Data Centre facilities and with a Data Centre raised floor space of around 1 million m2. From the 19-country markets, DCP finds that forecast Data Centre revenue growth rates will range from 41 percent (Malta) up to 106 percent (Israel) over the four-year period mid-2021 to mid-2025, with an average growth rate of 67 percent across the Mediterranean Sea region.
For each country market, there are three key drivers of growth impacting the Mediterranean region as a whole including:
- The introduction of cloud services: In those countries with a number of Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) present there is a clear impact on Data Centre usage. This is most clearly seen in the Israeli market, where AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Oracle & Microsoft all aim to launch cloud services in Israel from 2021 to 2022, with an increase in Data Centre revenues.
- The abundance of sub-sea cable connectivity: The Mediterranean is well served by sub-sea cables connecting Europe with Africa, the Middle East & Asia. There are also cables planned from Portugal which will connect to South America. But not all countries have become a landing point hub. In France, Marseille has become a content hub which has generated a Data Centre cluster specialising in the hosting of content services to Africa, the Mediterranean, Middle East & Asia using direct connections to sub-sea cables.
- The importance of content services: Content services are being established in 3rd party Data Centre facilities to serve local population centres and improve latency and performance. But the adoption of digital content in proceeding at different speeds. But some countries, such as Spain & Portugal, since the start of 2021 have seen the announcement of large new hyperscale Data Centres which, if realised, are set to transform their markets.
Key Topics Covered:
- The geographical location
- Key third-party Data Centre Providers and Facilities
- Key Data Centre developments
- Data Centre Space & Power Forecast
- Data Centre Pricing
- Data Centre Revenues Forecast
- Data Centre Public Cloud Forecast (where Public Cloud is offered)
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/w3hi1h