DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Pharmaceutical Contract Research Services Market by Scale of Operation, Target Therapeutic Areas and Key Geographies and Rest of the World): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report features an extensive study on contract service providers engaged in discovery, preclinical and clinical research of small molecule drugs. The study features in-depth analysis, highlighting the capabilities of various industry stakeholders engaged in this field.
- A+ Science
- A10 Clinical Solutions
- A2 Healthcare
- Aaranya Biosciences
- Absolute Research Solutions
- Absorption Systems
- Accelero Biostructures
- Accell Clinical Research
- Accre Chemicals
- Accuprec Research Labs
- Accutest Research Laboratories
- ACEA Biosciences
- ACI Clinical
- Aclaris Therapeutics
- ACLIRES International
- ACM Global Laboratories
- Actimus Bio
- Activa Cro
- Addex Therapeutics
- Advanced Clinical
- Advanced Drug and Device Services (ADDS)
- African Clinical Research Organization (ACRO)
- And Many More Companies!
Small molecule drugs account for nearly 90% of the contemporary therapeutics pipeline. In 2020, the US FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research approved 35 small molecule drugs, representing 66% of the total number of new molecular entities (NMEs) clearing regulatory review in the same year. It is worth highlighting that the process of drug development, beginning from the discovery of a pharmacological lead to the commercialization of a clinically validated product, takes around 10-15 years. Moreover, drug discovery and clinical research are capital intensive processes, which, on average, require investments in the range of USD 4-10 billion.
Further, it is a well-known fact that only a small proportion of lead molecules that are shortlisted for further investigation during the discovery phase, actually make it into the clinical phase, and an even lesser number of product candidates enter the market. Therefore, to optimize on internal resource utilization and save costs, innovator companies in the pharmaceutical industry are increasingly outsourcing various aspects of their discovery-stage operations to specialty contract research organizations (CROs).
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the leading players offering contract research services for small molecules?
- Which partnership models are commonly adopted by stakeholders engaged in this industry?
- What are the key value drivers of the merger and acquisition activity observed within this domain?
- What are the likely future trends in contract research services market?
- How is the current and future opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
- What is the total cost of ownership required to set up a pharmaceutical contract research organization?
Amongst other elements, the report includes:
- A detailed review of the overall landscape of the pharmaceutical services market, highlighting the contributions of CROs, along with information on their year of establishment, company size, scale of operation (discovery, preclinical and clinical), location of headquarters, type(s) of services offered (target discovery & validation, hit identification, hit-to-lead & lead generation, lead optimization, bioanalytical studies, other preclinical services, clinical trials related services, consulting and regulatory affairs management), hit identification strategy used (high-throughput screening, fragment based screening, virtual screening (structure based virtual screening, ligand based virtual screening and unspecified virtual screening), knowledge based screening, DNA Encoded Library (DEL) based screening and others), type of business model (fee-for-service and full time equivalent) and target therapeutic area.
- Elaborate profiles of prominent CROs engaged in offering pharmaceutical related services. Each company profile features a brief overview of the company, its financial information (if available), service portfolio and recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- An insightful competitiveness analysis, highlighting prominent pharmaceutical contract service providers based on supplier strength (considering a company's years of experience), and service strength (which takes into account the service offerings, scale of operation, hit identification strategies and subject specific agreements).
- An analysis of the recent collaborations (signed since 2018) focused on the CROs offering pharmaceutical related services, based on various parameters, such as year of agreement, type of agreement, scale of operation and target therapeutic area.
- A detailed analysis of the various mergers and acquisitions that have taken place in this domain, during the period 2018-2021. It is worth mentioning that the data captured during our research was analyzed based on multiple parameters, such as year, type of acquisition and geographical location of the companies.
- A region-wise, detailed analysis of the total cost of ownership for a pharmaceutical contract research service provider. It features an informed estimate of direct and indirect expenses taking into consideration close to 100 relevant parameters over a span of 20 years.
- A case study on the current market landscape of biopharmaceutical contract research service providers, including information on the year of establishment, company size, scale of operation and type of services offered.
Key Topics Covered:
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. PHARMACEUTICAL CONTRACT RESEARCH SERVICE PROVIDERS: MARKET LANDSCAPE
5. COMPANY PROFILES
6. COMPANY COMPETITIVENESS ANALYSIS
7. PARTNERSHIPS AND COLLABORATIONS
8. MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
9. MARKET FORECAST AND OPPORTUNITY ANALYSIS
10. TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP IN PHARMACEUTICAL CONTRACT RESEARCH ORGANIZATION
11. CASE STUDY: BIOPHARMACEUTICAL CONTRACT RESEARCH SERVICES MARKET
12. EXECUTIVE INSIGHTS
13. CONCLUDING REMARKS
14. APPENDIX 1: TABULATED DATA
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/blbr2q