NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TVB’s 2021 Forward Conference will take place virtually again this year on September 30, 2021 and deliver an even bigger multi-dimensional experience. The virtual conference 2.0 will bring together titans across local broadcast television, media ad agencies, key ad categories and AdTech to discuss the future of local television.
2021 has already been a dynamic year for local broadcast television as the media and marketers grapple with a pandemic economic environment, changes in viewer and consumer behavior and an ever-evolving conversation about measurement and advertising technology.
“Brands and advertisers have been given the unique opportunity to pause, evaluate, and understand what’s truly driving impact for their business and appreciate the value of local broadcast television,” said Steve Lanzano, President & CEO of TVB, “This year’s conference will put a spotlight on the amazing work accomplished by brands, agencies, and their TV station partners. Local really is leading the way to recovery.”
- Gregory Aston, Chief Research Officer, Media Intelligence, Kantar
- Tom Buono, Founder, BIA Financial & CEO, BIA Advisory Services
- Lorne Brown, President, CEO & Founder, Operative
- Marshall Cohen, Political Director, Democratic Governors Assoc.
- Dan Conston, President, Congressional Leadership Fund
- Cordie DePascale, Chief Strategy Officer, PremiumMedia360
- Kathy Doyle, EVP, Managing Director, Local Investment, MAGNA Global
- Frank Fantini, CEO, Fantini Research; Publisher, Fantini’s Gaming Report
- Mark Gorman, CEO, Matrix Solutions
- Chris Grove, Partner, Eilers & Krejcik Gaming
- Adam Helfgott, CEO, MadHive
- Eric Hession, Co-President, Caesars Sports & Online Gaming, Caesars Entertainment
- Jennifer Hungerbuhler, EVP, Head of Local Video and Audio Investment, Dentsu
- Ali Lapp, President, House Majority PAC
- Nancy Larkin, EVP, Managing Partner LocalOne, Horizon Media
- Bill Livek, CEO & Executive Vice Chairman, Comscore
- Dan Lyons, President, SureWaves
- Eric Mathewson, Founder & CEO, WideOrbit
- Debra OConnell, President of Networks, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
- Steve Passwaiter, VP, Growth & Strategy, Media Intelligence, Kantar/CMAG
- Karthik Rao, Chief Operating Officer, Nielsen
- David Rexrode, Executive Director, Republican Governors Assoc.
- Bill Sally, EVP, Sales, Nexstar Media
- Bernie Shimkus, VP, Director of Research and Consumer Insights, Harmelin Media
- Jen Soch, Executive Director, Specialty Channels, GroupM
- Valari Dobson Staab, President, NBCUniversal Local
- Jason Stein, CEO, Flat Six Media
- Tim Swift, President & COO, WideOrbit
- Robert Weisbord, Pres. Of Broadcast and Chief Advertising Revenue Officer, Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Doug Zarkin, VP & Chief Marketing Officer, Pearle Vision
- Angela Zepeda, Chief Marketing Officer, Hyundai Motor America
Session topics include measurement, business and political forecasts, OTT/CTV, AdTech, automotive, political, sports betting, business development, future media leaders and much more.
“It’s probably never been more crucial for us to think about how we drive strategies locally. We think about how we reach our consumers holistically, across tiers, from driving awareness to sales. Given the size of our massive dealer network, we really need to think at the local level, because that’s where the relationship is,” said Marlo Skiko, US & Global Head of Media, Ford Motor Company, in a recent interview with TVB’s Steve Lanzano that will be featured at Forward.
Last year, TVB recreated Forward virtually and attracted nearly 4,000 attendees - broadcast TV c-suite and senior leadership, media agency and brand executives, mid to senior-level media planners and buyers and sales executives.
Participating broadcasters include: ABC Owned Television Stations, Allen Media Group, American Spirit Media, Bonneville International, CBS Television Stations, Cox Media Group, CoxReps, Fox TV Stations, Graham Media Group, Gray Television, Griffin Communications, Hearst Television, Heartland Media, Hubbard Broadcasting, Katz Television Group, Meredith, Morgan Murphy Media, NBCUniversal Local, Nexstar Media Group, Sagamore Hill Broadcasting, Scripps, Standard Media, TEGNA and Univision.
As in years past, the following awards will be announced: TVB Excellence Awards Honoring Career Achievement and Agency of the Year, the NEXT awards celebrating Tomorrow’s Media Leaders across advertising sales and buying, and the Ad Council’s 2021 Catalyst Award, presented by Lisa Sherman, President & CEO, Ad Council.
Join the conversation by tweeting with the hashtag #TVBForward21. For a full list of speakers and sneak-peeks into the virtual experience, follow @TVBTweets or visit online at https://www.tvb.org/conferences/forward-conference-2021/.
Media partners include Automotive News, Broadcasting & Cable, Multichannel News, Radio + Television Business Report, Spots-n-Dots, and TVNewsCheck.
TVB is the not-for-profit trade association representing America’s local broadcast television industry. Its members include U.S. television stations, television broadcast groups, advertising sales reps, syndicators, international broadcasters, and associate members. TVB actively promotes local media marketing solutions to the advertising community and works to develop advertising dollars for the medium’s multiple platforms, including on-air, online, and mobile. TVB provides a diverse variety of tools and resources, including its website, to support its members and to help advertisers make the best use of local ad dollars. For more information, visit www.tvb.org.