DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Opportunities in the Western European Wine Sector to 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Western Europe was the largest market in the global wine sector with value sales of US$130,192.4 million, accounting for a share of 41.5% in 2020. In 2020, the top five companies in the Western European wine sector accounted for a volume share of 7.4%. Rotkappchen-Mumm Sektkellereien GmbH made up 1.8%, with presence in the sparkling wine and still wine categories. It was followed by Accolade Wines (1.7%), Pernod Ricard (1.5%), Les Grands Chais de France (1.3%), and Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited (1.1%). Private labels held a 21.9% volume share of overall sales.
Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Western European wine sector in 2020, with a volume share of 45.9% followed by food & drinks specialists, which accounted for a volume share of 27.2% in 2020. Glass was the most used pack material in the Western European wine sector in 2020, accounting for a volume share of 87.6%. It was followed by paper & board with 11.7% share.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western European wine sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Western European wine sector, analyzing data from 20 countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following:
- Market Environment: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by category.
- High-Potential Countries' Analysis: Indicates changing share of value consumption in the various wine by category across high-potential countries in Western Europe. It also provides Risk-Reward analysis of four countries across Western Europe based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic trends, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country Deep Dive: Provides the overview, demographic analysis, and key trends across high-potential countries.
- Success Stories: Provides some of the most compelling wine manufacturers, brands, products, and marketing campaigns in Western Europe. It also provides a better understanding of how certain manufacturers achieved success in the sector, and insights.
- Competitive Environment: Provides an overview of leading companies in Western Europe, besides analyzing the growth of private label in the region.
- Distribution Analysis: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the Western Europe wine sector in 2020. It covers the following distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, food & drinks specialists, e-retailers, convenience stores, on-premise, department stores, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, and other retailers.
- Packaging Analysis: The report provides percentage share (in 2020) and growth analysis (during 2015-2025) for various pack materials, pack types, closure types, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack liters) of wine.
Challenges and Future Outlook: Provides the challenges and future outlook pertaining to the Western European wine sector.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1: Market Environment
- Market size analysis - Western Europe compared to other regions
- Value and volume growth analysis by region
- Western Europe market growth analysis by country
- Western Europe market growth analysis by category
Part 2: High-Potential Countries' Analysis
- Methodology - identifying high-potential countries
- Top four high-potential countries in Western Europe
- Overview of high-potential countries in Western Europe
- Growth contribution analysis by country (1/2)
- Growth contribution analysis by country (2/2)
- Value share analysis of wine sector compared to other alcoholic beverages sector
- Change in consumption levels by country and category
- Per capita consumption analysis
- Per capita expenditure analysis
Part 3: Country Deep Dive
- Overview of Irish wine sector
- Key trends in Irish wine sector
- Overview of Swedish wine sector
- Key trends in Swedish wine sector
- Overview of Spanish wine sector
- Key trends in Spanish wine sector
- Overview of Dutch wine sector
- Key trends in Dutch wine sector
Part 4: Success Stories
- About case studies
- Case study: The Merchant Prince Rare RutherGlen Muscat
- Case study: Mount Michael Pinot Gris 2020
- Case study: Brut
Part 5: Competitive Environment
- Leading companies' share in the Western Europe wine sector
- Brand share analysis of top five companies
- Leading companies in the Western Europe wine sector
- Leading brands in the Western Europe wine sector
- Private label penetration in the Western Europe wine sector
Part 6: Distribution Analysis
Part 7: Packaging Analysis
Part 8: Challenges and Future Outlook
- Rotkappchen-Mumm Sektkellereien GmbH
- Accolade Wines
- Pernod Ricard
- Les Grands Chais de France
- Treasury Wine Estates Vintners Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/emk8m0
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.