DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Autoinjectors Global Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Implications and Growth" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global autoinjectors market is expected to grow from $2.42 billion in 2020 to $2.94 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.3%. The change in growth trend is mainly due to the companies stabilizing their output after catering to the demand that grew exponentially during the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. The market is expected to reach $5.95 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 19.3%.
The autoinjectors market consists of sales of auto-injectors by entities (organizations, sole traders, and partnerships) that are designed to help people overcome their fear of using a needle-based medication delivery system on their own. An autoinjector is a device for injecting a single, preset dose of medication into one's own body. It generally consists of a spring-loaded syringe that is activated when the device is pressed firmly against the body.
The main types of autoinjectors are disposable autoinjectors and reusable autoinjectors. The disposable autoinjectors market consists of sales of disposable autoinjectors by entities (organizations, sole traders, and partnerships) that are designed to replace traditional pre-filled syringes and eliminate psychological barriers by removing the needle from the patient's view. Disposable autoinjectors combine a spring-powered power source with a protected needle that administers the required drug solution subcutaneously or intramuscularly. The different therapies include rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, anaphylaxis, other therapies and are administered in various routes such as subcutaneous, intramuscular. These are sold to customers through an online retailer and pharmacy and are implemented in various verticals such as home care settings, hospitals and clinics, others.
North America was the largest region in the autoinjectors market in 2020. Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the forecast period. The regions covered in this report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The growing technological advancements are shaping the autoinjectors market. Major players operating in the autoinjectors sector are focused on developing technological solutions for autoinjectors to meet the demand for a viscous biologics delivery mechanism. For instance, in February 2021, Becton Dickinson (BD), a US-based medical device company is developing Intevia 2.25 mL based on thinner wall cannula technology. The Intevia 2.25 mL is a patient-centric device that works seamlessly with BD Neopak XtraFlow prefillable syringes and has an 8-millimeter needle with a thinner wall.
The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases is expected to fuel the growth of the autoinjectors market in the coming years. Chronic diseases are described as illnesses that last a year or longer and necessitate continuing medical attention. Chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and diabetes are the world's top causes of mortality and disability. Auto injection devices are intended for multiple injections of biologics and hormones in patients who require regular dosage for long-term management of medical circumstances such as diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis.
The countries covered in the autoinjectors market report are Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Russia, South Korea, UK, USA.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Johnson & Johnson
- Teva Pharmaceutical
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Autoinjectors Market Characteristics
3. Autoinjectors Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact Of COVID-19 On Autoinjectors
5. Autoinjectors Market Size and Growth
6. Autoinjectors Market Segmentation
7. Autoinjectors Market Regional and Country Analysis
8. Asia-Pacific Autoinjectors Market
9. China Autoinjectors Market
10. India Autoinjectors Market
11. Japan Autoinjectors Market
12. Australia Autoinjectors Market
13. Indonesia Autoinjectors Market
14. South Korea Autoinjectors Market
15. Western Europe Autoinjectors Market
16. UK Autoinjectors Market
17. Germany Autoinjectors Market
18. France Autoinjectors Market
19. Eastern Europe Autoinjectors Market
20. Russia Autoinjectors Market
21. North America Autoinjectors Market
22. USA Autoinjectors Market
23. South America Autoinjectors Market
24. Brazil Autoinjectors Market
25. Middle East Autoinjectors Market
26. Africa Autoinjectors Market
27. Autoinjectors Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles
28. Key Mergers and Acquisitions in the Autoinjectors Market
29. Autoinjectors Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/4pqdby
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.