NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Abernathy MacGregor (“Abernathy”), a leading strategic communications advisor particularly in pivotal times of change, today announced several senior executive appointments, including the promotions of Eric Bonach, Heidi Crowe, Sheila Ennis, Blair Hennessy, Kendell Moore and Nazan Riahei to Managing Director. These executives constitute the largest group promoted to Managing Director at one time in Abernathy’s history and comes as the firm continues to achieve record growth and expand its product offerings and geographic presence.
In 2021 alone, Abernathy has supported clients on some of the most high-profile, consequential events including the year’s largest data breach, the largest-ever healthcare private equity transaction, a historic litigation settlement, complex public affairs situations, numerous transactions, high-profile IPOs and financing rounds, and some of the largest shareholder activism campaigns by market capitalization.
“In an era where sophisticated stakeholder-driven communication is more consequential than ever, our success is rooted in the quality of our counsel and true partnership with our clients,” said Tom Johnson, Chief Executive Officer of Abernathy MacGregor. “Each of our new Managing Directors exemplifies our commitment to providing innovative, data-driven and tailored communications advice to help clients navigate times of unprecedented change. This group also underscores the broad range of expertise within our firm, with our senior managers offering backgrounds that include former lawyers, bankers, in-house executives and, of course, homegrown talent. I am proud to have these and other tremendous leaders within our firm and look forward to building on our strong momentum together.”
Abernathy’s newest Managing Directors are:
- Eric Bonach, New York – Since joining the firm more than three years ago from a publicly traded global technology company, Eric has focused on counseling companies in transformative and special situations, including transactions, shareholder activism defense and corporate crises. He also specializes in financial communications and reputation management, helping U.S. and international clients develop and enhance their public and investor profiles.
- Heidi Crowe, New York – Heidi has led the firm’s Research and Information Services offering since joining the firm in 2019. She has greatly expanded Abernathy’s research, analytics and data-driven capabilities, and created numerous new resources for clients. Heidi also advises clients on profile raising and reputation management campaigns, including during crises, transactions, shareholder activism, cybersecurity incidents and management transitions.
- Sheila Ennis, San Francisco – Sheila joined Abernathy’s San Francisco office in 2016 following more than 20 years in equity capital markets advisory at technology-focused investment banks and investor relations consulting firms. She brings her deep knowledge of corporate finance to a broad range of client matters, including transactions, shareholder activism, management transitions, business model transformations, crises and other critical times of change.
- Blair Hennessy, New York – Since coming to Abernathy in 2013, Blair has risen rapidly to become one the firm’s most versatile practitioners, particularly in complex and fast-moving situations. Her experience includes leading complex and high-profile corporate reputation programs, transactions, shareholder activism, crises, bankruptcies, litigation and change management assignments for U.S. and multi-national clients across a wide range of industries.
- Kendell Moore, New York – Kendell joined Abernathy in 2012 and is a noted crisis expert who today co-leads the firm’s crisis practice. Her crisis management experience spans complex issues including employee activism, pandemic response, social injustice, investigations, workplace misconduct, cybersecurity, product recalls, physical disasters, regulatory matters and other special situations. Kendell also advises clients on transactions, shareholder activism and high-profile executive changes.
- Nazan Riahei, Los Angeles – A former practicing attorney, Nazan came to Abernathy’s Los Angeles office in 2018 and helps lead the firm’s litigation practice. In addition to managing complex litigation assignments, she has extensive experience advising companies on transactions, shareholder activism, management transitions and a wide-range of crises, including cybersecurity breaches, executive misconduct claims, workplace-related issues and situations with serious legal and public policy implications.
The newly appointed Managing Directors join other recent senior hires at the firm, including Peter Lee, who was named Abernathy’s Chief Financial Officer earlier this year. Mr. Lee brings strong strategic capabilities to the firm, with more than 25 years of financial leadership experience across industries from strategic communications, marketing and advertising to manufacturing, banking and logistics. Prior to joining Abernathy, he spent nearly 10 years as the Controller for Publicis Groupe Americas.
Abernathy also recently recognized talent at other levels of the firm, including the promotions of two Senior Vice Presidents, four Vice Presidents, five Senior Account Executives, eight Account Executives and a Human Resources Supervisor.
The firm continues to expand its offerings to meet the evolving needs of clients and their stakeholders as business, political and social issues converge and impact companies and firms of varying sizes, industries and geographies. In the last several years, Abernathy has added expertise and launched new practice areas, with key hires in public affairs, research and corporate governance. This growth builds on the firm’s established reputation as a trusted strategic communications advisor in critical moments for CEOs, board directors and senior executives.
About Abernathy MacGregor
Abernathy MacGregor is a leading strategic communications advisor providing communications, engagement and advocacy expertise that helps clients build and preserve value, seize opportunities and solve problems in today’s highly complex, dynamic and interconnected world. Since 1984, the firm has provided superior, customized communications strategies and an intensely collaborative and high-energy commitment to its clients. Abernathy operates from offices in New York, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. and with a presence in Chicago. The firm is a founding member of AMO, which is the leading international network of strategic communications consultancies.