Remote First / ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Varsity Tutors, one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes, today announced a new suite of solutions designed to help school districts address disruptions and learning loss brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. The new offerings build on the company’s existing services for schools, but with a specific focus on providing immediate learning support to manage the growing challenges faced this school year. Specifically, the solutions provide K-12 institutions with near-instant and direct access to district-wide supplementary live instruction, including:
- Quarantine Support: When schools face closures or group quarantines, Varsity Tutors will match impacted students with 1-on-1 tutors and quarantine support groups in as little as 24 hours.
- Distance Learning Supplements: Access to personalized online learning resources designed specifically for students who have chosen remote school options for an extended period.
- Learning Gap Solutions: Provides school districts with 1-on-1 and small group tutoring for students who need additional support catching-up to grade level.
- Office Hours and Learning Lab: Offers students in school districts unlimited access to live virtual office hours and live learning labs that complement classroom instruction, allowing students to get the help they need, while alleviating teacher burnout.
- Special Education: Matches certified Special Education tutors with students who qualify for services (IEP/504), ensuring that schools can meet their minute-for-minute IEP services requirements for supplemental instruction during quarantines and school closures.
“For many districts, this school year is proving to be more challenging for administrators than the last. The anticipated return to normal, in-person schooling has left educators and students less prepared for the current disruptions occurring across the country as the school year begins,” said Chuck Cohn, Founder, Chairman & CEO of Nerdy, parent company of Varsity Tutors. “We’re rolling out these offerings after hearing from school administrators who want access to personalized live learning solutions and need them implemented immediately at a school-wide, or even district-wide level, without requiring each student to register individually.”
American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP)
School administrators can utilize American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) funding to address the learning loss created by COVID-19. This includes delivering supplemental learning solutions to schools when they need it most this year. To help maximize their use of federal funds, Varsity Tutors has developed its offerings as an efficient way for institutions to implement its live learning platform at scale to quickly address potential disruptions to the school year.
Additional Solutions for Schools
Varsity Tutors also offers partner school districts access to its Student Diagnostic tools. These tools give teachers the ability to evaluate each student’s mastery of specific skills within a subject and have a deeper understanding of areas that need additional attention.
Additionally, through Varsity Tutors, schools can provide students with 1-to-1 live online instruction when students have unique needs for additional learning support. This includes students for whom English is their second language (ESL), students with Learning Differences (LD), students who qualify for Special Education (IEP/504), as well as accelerated and gifted learners.
For more information and for school administrators who want to learn more about how Varsity Tutors can help districts accelerate learning for all students, visit www.varsitytutors.com/school-solutions.
About Varsity Tutors
Varsity Tutors is a Live Learning Platform that seamlessly connects learners to experts in more than 3,000 subjects. Since 2007, we've been investing in online learning technology, have built new-to-the-world capabilities, and have assembled some of the most talented tutors, educators, and instructors across the U.S. to help deliver that mission. Through one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study, the company has created a live learning destination to meet the needs of all students.
In January 2021, Varsity Tutors' parent company, Nerdy, announced a business combination with TPG Pace Tech Opportunities (NYSE: PACE), a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company associated with global private equity firm TPG.