This report covers the following conductive agent materials used in batteries, fuel cells, supercapacitors, conductive or antistatic polymers, conductive or antistatic coatings, and electrical and electronic products:
- Carbon black, including acetylene black, Ketjen black, channel black, furnace black, lamp black, and thermal black
- Other carbons such as carbon fibers, petroleum coke, and active carbon
- Metals such as metal fibers, silver powder, copper powder, fluorocarbon powder, aluminum powder, and nickel powder
- Metal oxides such as a stannic oxide (SnO?) and zinc oxide (ZnO)
- Other materials including cationic antistatic agents and anionic antistatic agents such as quaternary ammonium compounds
This report also examines conductive agents used in motive power batteries and fuel cells in the following types of electric vehicles (EVs), which is a fast-growing segment that will take 56.4% of the global conductive agent market by 2025:
- Passenger vehicles (sedans, microcars, SUVs, crossover SUVs, pickup trucks, sports cars)
- Low-velocity vehicles (golf carts, neighborhood EVs, personal mobility devices)
- Commercial/industrial vehicles (material handling equipment, burden carriers, forklifts, trucks)
The numbers and weight of batteries and fuel cells used in these EVs are estimated and forecasted in this report.
There are many types of batteries and fuel cells available in the market, but nearly all EV batteries/fuel cells and have one of four systems:
- Lead-acid battery
- Nickel metal hydride battery
- Lithium-ion (including lithium polymer) battery
- Proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell
Materials used in automotive lithium-ion batteries and PEM fuel cells will have strong growth in the next five years. Materials used in automotive lead-acid batteries and nickel-metal hydride batteries will have slow growth in the next five years. In addition to the above four types, phosphoric acid fuel cells and other fuel cells may also be used in the automotive industry on a commercial scale in the forecast period.
The Report Includes:
- 165 data tables and 11 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for advanced conductive agents within the fuel cell and batteries industry
- Analyses of the global market trends with data from 2019 and 2020, and projections of CAGRs through 2025
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecasts, and corresponding market share analysis on the basis of material type, end-use, and geographical region
- Highlights of the new technological developments and major industry strategies with an emphasis on the Chinese government subsidy policies to the EV industry, restructuring of the battery business, and a comparison between Chinese and the global markets
- Patent review of conductive agents, and allotments of patents and corresponding shares by assignee country, application area, and year of grants
- Detailed company profiles of the major market participants, including Arkema, Akzo Nobel, Hitachi Chemical Co., Mitsubishi Chemical Corp., SGL Group, and Toray
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Global Market for Conductive Agents by Material
Chapter 4 Global Market for Conductive Agents by End-Use
Chapter 5 Global Market for Conductive Agents by Region
Chapter 6 Market Trends and Industry Strategies
- Comparison of Chinese and Global Markets
- Entrants to the Market
- New Formulas
- Move to Upstream
- China's Subsidy Policy
- Restructuring of the Battery Business
Chapter 7 Patent Review
Chapter 8 Company Profiles
- Akzo Nobel
- Asbury Carbons
- Aoyu Graphite Group
- BTR New Energy Materials Inc.
- Cabot Corp.
- Cnano Technology
- Engineered Fibers Technology Llc (Fibers Technology)
- Fangda Carbon New Material Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Chemical
- Honjo Chemical Corp.
- Imerys Graphite & Carbon
- LG Chem
- Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd., and Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.
- Nano-C Inc.
- Nanocyl S.A.
- Nedstack Fuel Cell Technology
- Nippon Carbon Co., Ltd.
- Phillips 66
- Porvair Fuel Cell Technology
- Qingdao Haida Graphite
- Raymor Industries Inc.
- SGL Group-The Carbon Company
- Shanshan Technology
- Showa Denko K.K. (SDK)
- Superior Graphite Co.
- Thomas Swan & Co., Ltd.
- Zoltek Commercial Carbon Fiber
Chapter 9 Appendix A: Battery Companies
Chapter 10 Appendix B: Fuel Cell Companies
Chapter 11 Appendix C: Abbreviations and Acronyms
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/7ej6cu
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.