DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--"The World Market for Molecular Diagnostics Tests, 10th Edition" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Molecular diagnostics is a fast evolving and dynamic field and is the fastest growing segment within the in vitro diagnostics (IVD) market. It has become an indispensable tool in clinical medicine that touches all aspects of healthcare including treatment decisions in terms of identifying antimicrobial resistant (AMR) infections at the earliest, companion diagnostics assisting in the evaluation of suitability of various cancer treatment options, pharmacokinetics or patient metabolism of drugs for HIV, psychiatric conditions or blood thinners; cancer prognosis and therapy, organ matching, blood safety, and the diagnosis of latent and neonatal conditions.
- Abbott Diagnostics
- Advanced Cell Diagnostics (Biotechne)
- Agena Bioscience
- Agendia Bv
- Agilent Technologies (Incl. Dako)
- Aidian Oy
- Altona Diagnostics
- Amoy Diagnostics
- Arup Laboratories
- Asuragen Inc. (Bio-Techne)
- Bd Interventional
- Bd Life Sciences
- Bd Medical
- Becton, Dickinson & Co. (BD)
- Beijing Genomics Institute (Bgi)
- Berry Genomics
- Binx Health
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Biomeme, Inc
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- Caredx, Inc.
- Carefusion Corporation
- Credo Bioscience
- Ctk Biotech
- Danaher (Cepheid and Leica Biosystems)
- Eiken Chemical
- Exact Sciences Corp.
- Fluidigm Corporation
- Genmark Diagnostics (Roche)
- Genotypic Technology Pvt. Ltd.
- Greiner Bio-One GmbH
- Grifols, S. A
- Hologic, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- Immucor, Inc.
- Meridian Bioscience Inc
- Mesa Biotech, Inc. (Thermo)
- Molbio Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd.
- Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- Nanostring Technologies, Inc.
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies Ltd
- Perkinelmer Inc.
- Prescient Medicine Holdings (Autogenomics)
- Promega Corporation
- QIAGEN N.V.
- Quantumdx Group.
- Quidel Corporation
- Recent Acquisitions
- Rheonix, Inc.
- Roche Diagnostics
- Sekisui Diagnostics LLC
- Sherlock Biosciences
- T2 Biosystems
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Tva Medical, Inc.
- Vela Diagnostics
- Veracyte, Inc.
The World Molecular Diagnostics Market, 10th Edition, examines the global market as well as markets by region, including:
- Global Markets for Molecular Diagnostics by Application Segments (2021-2026) (Infectious Diseases, Blood Screening, Histology, Cancer Assays, Transplant, Inherited Diseases, Total) ($, Million)
- Global Markets for Molecular Diagnostics by Technology Segments (2021-2026) (PCR, iNAAT, Microarrays, ISH, NGS, Other, Total) ($, Million)
- North American Markets for Molecular Diagnostics (2021-2026) (Infectious Diseases, Blood Screening, Histology, Cancer Assays, Transplant, Inherited Diseases, Total) ($, Million)
- European Markets for Molecular Diagnostics (2021-2026) (Infectious Diseases, Blood Screening, Histology, Cancer Assays, Transplant, Inherited Diseases, Total) ($, Million)
- Asia Pacific Markets for Molecular Diagnostics (2021-2026) (Infectious Diseases, Blood Screening, Histology, Cancer Assays, Transplant , Inherited Diseases, Total) ($, Million)
Detection of active and latent patient infections by targeting genetic sequences specific to pathogens is the approach used in molecular infectious disease tests. Clinical molecular tests available for infectious disease testing offer a combination of high sensitivity, specificity and low turnaround time advantages.
This has powered this segment for high market growth over other major diagnostic platforms commonly used for infectious disease testing such as immunoassay and ID/AST. Molecular detection platforms are increasingly being recognized for the improved sensitivity and specificity they can offer, even though they are more expensive. The report offers global analysis of the molecular infectious disease diagnostics segment, as well as analysis of subsegments that include CT/NG, HPV, hepatitis, HIV, HAIs, respiratory diseases, and tuberculosis.
This report reviews the current makeup of the molecular diagnostics market in cancer, including its notable products and geographical segmentation. The report also reviews expected developments, such as technology and product introduction. The current market is largely composed of tissue-based tests, companion assays, and tests for the prognosis and diagnosis of specific cancer types. Some of the most significant developments in this field may have an impact in shaping cancer diagnostics and treatment management. The report examines the markets for molecular cancer diagnostics, outlining the global market by geography.
The molecular transplant diagnostics space is a competitive market with many companies offering PCR-based and bead-array-based test kits based on the HLA genes that have been characterized. The demand for NGS has been growing in the segment. An HLA test requires that some six genes are screened in parallel, with each displaying about 100 important (known) local variants. This requirement lends itself to technologies such as microarrays and sequencing that can screen for many targets. The report outlines the markets for molecular transplant diagnostics by geography.
The detection of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) or gene variants from tissue, blood, urine and saliva samples can be used to diagnose inherited diseases and genetic disorders as well as determine the risk of disease manifestation or progression. One of the major challenges facing molecular tests for gene based inherited diseases is getting stakeholders including payers, physicians, researchers and regulators to work together to close the gap between research and clinical applicability. World Molecular Diagnostics Market analyzes the developments in most significant markets within molecular inherited disease diagnostics.
Key Topics Covered:
CHAPTER 1: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
CHAPTER 2: COVID-19 MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTIC MARKET ANALYSIS
CHAPTER 3: MARKETS FOR OTHER MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
CHAPTER 4: TRENDS TO WATCH - SEQUENCING, CRISPR, AUTOMATION SEQUENCING
CHAPTER 5: COMPANY PROFILES
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ykh0tk