DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Activated Alumina Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global activated alumina market reached a value of US$ 1.02 Billion in 2020. Looking forward, the publisher expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% during 2021-2026.
Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Activated alumina refers to the dry and granular form of aluminum oxide. It is highly porous and bonds with liquids and gases without altering its chemical or physical form. It is formed by dihydroxylation of aluminum hydroxide and is commonly used as a desiccant in water treatment processes and as a catalyst in natural gas and refining operations. It also exhibits resistance to abrasion and thermal shocks and does not shrink, swell or disintegrate upon immersion in water. It can also sustain extreme conditions, such as high temperature and acidic or alkaline environments, owing to which it finds extensive applications across various industries and sectors, including oil and gas, water treatment, healthcare and plastics.
The market is primarily being driven by the growing demand for water treatment solutions across the globe. Activated alumina is extensively used for the development of reverse osmosis (RO) membrane technology that is utilized in the purification of drinking water. Furthermore, widespread product adoption for purifying lithium, which is used in glass, ceramics, lubricating greases, batteries and air treatment, is providing a boost to the market growth. Additionally, the thriving healthcare industry is also creating a positive outlook for the market. Activated alumina bio-ceramics are used as an alternative to metal alloys in the manufacturing of surgical and dental implants. They exhibit anti-corrosion properties, along with low friction and high durability. Other factors, including growing product utilization in refinery projects and extensive research and development (R&D) activities, are projected to drive the market further.
- AGC Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- BASF SE
- Dynamic Adsorbents Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Huber Engineered Materials
- Jiangxi Sanxin Hi-Tech Ceramics Co. Ltd.
- Porocel Industries
- Shandong Zhongxin New Material Technology Co. Ltd.
- Sialca Industries
- Sorbead India
- Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global activated alumina market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global activated alumina market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-use industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the mesh size?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the market?
- What is the structure of the global activated alumina industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the market?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Activated Alumina Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Application
7 Market Breakup by End-Use Industry
8 Market Breakup by Form
9 Market Breakup by Mesh Size
10 Market Breakup by Region
11 SWOT Analysis
12 Value Chain Analysis
13 Porters Five Forces Analysis
14 Price Indicators
14.1 Key Price Indicators
14.2 Price Structure
14.3 Price Trends
15 Competitive Landscape
15.1 Market Structure
15.2 Key Players
15.3 Profiles of Key Players
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/wn3da7